Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Iver

Options
  • 22-07-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Anyone else headin to see these guys tomorrow? Tickets were a bit steep, to say the least, but I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it could be a quality show, and he used to work in town too, in Vodafone I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAS6nwYc9g Skinny Love.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I wanted to go but don't have the cash. Really I wanted to see Adele Diane, she's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

I wanted to go but don't have the cash. Really I wanted to see Adele Diane, she's great.

Yeah, I've listened to her a bit since I heard she was going to be there too, some great songs, amazing voice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

She'll be super, but Bon Iver..meh IMO...can't see his live shows being amazing but that's justme...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

Yeah I''m headin to it, can't wait. His album's pretty great and saw him on Jools Holland a while back and he was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was at one of their gigs a few months back, brilliant gig but the venue also made it. If it's in Roisin's then it should be a good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

jester77 wrote: »
    I was at one of their gigs a few months back, brilliant gig but the venue also made it. If it's in Roisin's then it should be a good one!/QUOTE]

But it's not, alas it's in a big mad feckin cold tent......madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

i'll be going too, hard to say no to a free ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Anyone know what time Bon Iver will be taking to the stage? I know "doors" (tent flaps?) open at 7 - so will that be Adele at 7.30, BI at 8.30? Gonna be cutting it tight if its earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Got a free ticket from work so going, haven't listened to much of their stuff but what I have listened to doesn't particularly interest me, still, I'll likely be too drunk to even listen at that stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

mercuroman wrote: »
    Anyone know what time Bon Iver will be taking to the stage? I know "doors" (tent flaps?) open at 7 - so will that be Adele at 7.30, BI at 8.30? Gonna be cutting it tight if its earlier

The last 2 nights the main act hasn't been on stage until at least 9.20 and gig over at 11. Gates open at 7 and the support act last night didn't get going until well after 8. The tent was still closed at 7.30 yesterday evening when I looked in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

omigod would loooooove to go!! wish i had the money :(

Advertisement