Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pets on buses?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hey

Just a quick question
    Bus Eireann helpline is closed

I have to bring a kitten to Meath tomorrow

Does anyone know if they allow kittens in carriers on?
    It's about 9 weeks old. & the bus journey is about 45 mins

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

Id say you'll be fine once he's in a carrier.

Ive brought my little dog on dublin bus and on the train in a carrier.

With Dublin bus tho it depends on the driver but if its not in a carrier they're not ment to let you on (due to the fact if they soil the bus it's outta action til its cleaned) so I'd say same rule applies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

sorry doesnt look like it

http://www.irishdogs.ie/Information/Travelling%20with%20your%20Dog.htm

if you crate it you might be able to put it in storage? but wouldnt be terribly safe to have a kitten in a crate below in the storage area...

in a train or something you would probably be able to get away with it but on a bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It depends on the driver though I've brought my previous dog (years ago) on the bus with no problems, I don't see why they won't allow a little kitten in a carrier as a once off.

However the DART is a pain, I was almost refused and yet you see some other people bring their dogs on and noone says anything. Guess it depends on the station and wether anyone notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

On the Dublin Bus website they state they dont allow pets but if you're nice to the driver then its generally no problem. Id find it amazing that any driver would have a prob with a tiny kitten in a carrier for such a short journey. Id say you'd be fine but just say it before you board.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

driver discression, especially if its in a carrier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Thank you for all the replies :)

Turns out, it didn't go ahead as planned.
    Friend of mine couldn't make it to meet me.

I ended up speaking with my local vet & adopting an 8week old kitten who was found under a lorry near a road & they needed him to be adopted.

He is absolutely gorgeous :D

Advertisement