Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegas 2-5 cash games?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

a friend of mine is going to vegas for 2 weeks just to play poker and he asked me if i could put a post on up if anyone knew were the best 2-5 cash games were, i didnt play much cash this year but found that the ceasars room was pretty good, anyone with any experience there any suggestions? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

akkenny wrote: »
    a friend of mine is going to vegas for 2 weeks just to play poker and he asked me if i could put a post on up if anyone knew were the best 2-5 cash games were, i didnt play much cash this year but found that the ceasars room was pretty good, anyone with any experience there any suggestions? cheers

Yeah caesers or the venetian always had quite a few tables running during the series at least. The bellagio is always packed during then too, I would imagine the games are decent there throughout the year, lots of guys would go to play there just to be near bobby's room

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Yeah caesers or the venetian always had quite a few tables running during the series at least. The bellagio is always packed during then too, I would imagine the games are decent there throughout the year, lots of guys would go to play there just to be near bobby's room

ya i really enjoyed playing in the bellagio when i was there last year.
    they have a large number of tables there. i never had to wait long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Pabloh

I was there for 3 weeks and only played cash at the Venetian. Caesars room is good but a bit out of the way for casual traffic so I don't think you will get the same value. Bellagio I find too crowded. Venetian 2-5 games buyin is $200-1000 and he should find plenty of tables.

I wouldn't bother playing between 10am and 5pm midweek though as there are too many regs grinding the 2-5 games and you won't get much roi.

Play from 5pm and you'll catch people waiting to play the 7pm tournament and then the games get juicy as the evening wears on.

Weekends have slightly better value during the day but given the value at night he should really concentrate on those hours.

For what my advice is worth I recommend overbetting strong holdings and avoiding fps until you get used to the regular players and fish. Took me 3 days to figure this out and I was down 2.5k. Once I adjusted my strategy I was +7k for the next two weeks though.

If playing the Venetian he should also sign up for a players card as soon as he gets there - you earn $1.50 an hour in comps and these really add up for that length of stay. Dining service in the poker room is excellent too. If you fancy staying at the Venetian 6 hours play per day gets you the poker rate.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

what does fps stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Fancy play syndrome, first person shooter or frames per second - in this context probably the first one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Late November / December Gohop are offering return flights today for €371 to vegas for anyong who's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭FlushPoker.ie

Venetian 2-5 and 5-10 for suuuuuuuure

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭akkenny

cheers lads ill pass on the info

Advertisement