Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Colour choice for Legacy Estate

• 22-07-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna have to make a choice very soon on the colour for the legacy estate.

I think estates look best in dark colours, particularly black, but I know black cars show scratches easier and are generally harder to keep.

Choices are the obsidian black, dark (diamond) grey or silver steel. Seen the silver steel on a saloon and think its a great colour, but not sure what it would look like on an estate version.

Any opinions?

Which colour? 23 votes

Obsidian Black
    0% 0 votes
    Diamond Grey
    17% 4 votes
    Silver Steel
    82% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Gonna have to make a choice very soon on the colour for the legacy estate.

I think estates look best in dark colours, particularly black, but I know black cars show scratches easier and are generally harder to keep.

Choices are the obsidian black, dark (diamond) grey or silver steel. Seen the silver steel on a saloon and think its a great colour, but not sure what it would look like on an estate version.

Any opinions?

Pics and a poll:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Here's the Diamond Grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

There's a silver one on http://subaru.ie/Subaru_ie/ViewMenu.qed?menuid=M3M4 if thats anything to go by but I know cars can look different in the metal rather than on screen

Silver Steel

and Obsidian Black Crap pictures of the black one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

not the black anyway, nightmare to keep clean. Silver is WAY to common. I'd go with the grey, they look v.nice in grey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

colm_mcm wrote: »
    not the black anyway, nightmare to keep clean. Silver is WAY to common. I'd go with the grey, they look v.nice in grey.

+1

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the grey for me also, was looking at the outback in the grey a while back and it's a nice looking car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

colm_mcm wrote: »

Yep, I'm completely turned of silver cars these days since every second one you see is, well, silver.

Personally I'd choose the black but the Diamond Grey is very nice too, hard to split them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

The Grey for me, no contest.
    Normally I would be leaning towards the black even though the black would be hard to keep, but for some reason, the rear quarter panel doesn't look right in the black.
    Maybe its because its an estate but the Grey looks much better to me. Actually I think the Grey looks very very well for that car.

Silver looks good too but its just too common now days and doesn't stand out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Looks fantastic in Diamond Grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think a lot of the decision rests on how you treat your car. I got my Forester in Platinum (a kind of metallic beige) on the basis that it will hide dirt, dents & scratches better than other colours. It's also very unremarkable, which is good if you regularly drive at illegal speeds. I personally think the grey is the nicest looking, though. Black will break your heart with the first scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There's a Diamond Grey one (possibly an Outback) in the same business park as where I work so I see it most days. Looks the business in that colour.

Black would look mean (stealth hearse?), but would be a nightmare to keep clean so would end up looking grey most of the time anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

+ 1 for Diamond Grey (I have it in the saloon and wouldn't change it)

a similar poll on another site had the same result...........................

Irish buyer too.

http://www.uklegacy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95812&pid=256314&st=0&#entry256314

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I like the Diamond Grey the most as well. The Steel Silver colour is nice itself, much more so than regular silver or brilliant silver. Due to the lack of door pillars, IMO Black doesn't work on these cars. It makes it look a bit drab as everything is black, everywhere you look. It blends everything together in an anonymous kind of way. The car is very stylish, yet understated and while a lighter colour complements the lines even more, dark greys are classy. Best of both worlds. They use to do a colour in the UK which was like the steel silver but with a hint of lilac, similar to Audi's Akoya Silver - looked the business. Never mind, I'd go with Diamond Grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

+1 on the Diamond Grey. Audis are about the only cars that can pull off an estate in black without looking like a hearse IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

^^^ +1 because they usually have chrome trim around the door / window frames. Which I personally do not like, but it does break things up. Thats why it does work on Audi's.

Went for the Diamond Grey today. Saw one in the dealers just before I made my mind up and seeing it made my mind up.
    I spec'd the darker tungsten alloys and the newer style tungsten grill aswell. All going well, I should have it this day next week....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd definitly go with the grey, by far the best colour on that car.

And damn you by the way. I've wanted one of them for so long but just cannot afford to buy a new car at the moment :(
    Fantastic car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

LOL. Two pages on 'Black, Grey or Silver'? Thats not a colour choice, its shades of monochrome ffs...

Get a yellow one with black wheels. Black wheels ftw.

'cptr

Advertisement