Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading insulation

Options
  • 22-07-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

I am looking for the best way to insulate my house further, it is about 20-25 years old cavity walls, it is hard to keep the heat in during the winter months, was looking at cavity wall insulation the likes of http://www.premierinsulations.com/?gclid=CO_0hs_y6ZsCFWIB4wodt0s36w this, wondering if anyone has any experiences with this. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭irelandhouse

cavity is the best solution without interfering with the internals.

cavity fill when done right will completely fill the voids/cavity which is what it is suppose to do.

grey bead is much tackier and suppose to full more and better.

get plenty of quotes and look at doing in now, during the summer. lads might be quieter now.

price around and get written guarantee on fill

you may need also to look at filling the attic. at least 8 if not 12 inches of fibre glass

also check and see if you are entitled to grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Thanks for the advice, will start getting some quotes.

Advertisement