Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER test dublin 4

• 22-07-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hi guys,

a friend is interested in purchaing a property in the d4 area, currently has his eye a property in the lansdowne village area. the house was constructed in 1985 we believe by Mc Inerney's, the area is 855 sq ft/79 sq m. the windows look to be the original windows they are wooden fromed and double glazed. the insulation in the attic appears to be minimal. if he were to purchase the house i understand he would have to be issued with a BER cert. could anyone hazrd a guess as to the BER rating and would anyone be able to hazard a guess at what it would cost to upgrade the BER rating of the building. there are 3 standard looking windows + door on front and 3 to the back plus franch doors.

thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the house could be anything from a D to an F based on the heating system....

advice on upgrading would be very specific to the unit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

I would go along with Syds estimation of the rating. However, the BER will be part of the sale of the house unit but it depends on who is doing the survey as to how accurate it is. I've had a bit of a problem in this regard by clients comparing like with like in apartment blocks where different assessors are getting different ratings for the same type of units with differentials of 3 levels in some cases.

Advertisement