Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you still like something everyone else grew out of?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Toy soldiers!! Not the fancy ones either, the crappy plastic pound shop ones. I used to have hundreds of them. Along with tanks, jeeps barbed wire fencing etc. I think I still played with them up until I was about 14 when my mammy threw them out. I want them back!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

BANANA MAN!!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Ah man mc donalds chicken nuggets ftw!! Still get them everytime I go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

tinyfox wrote: »
    Chocolate rice crispie cakes though now i make them with melted galaxy chocolate, makes me feel far more grown up! :p:D;)

Would be pricey but using Lindt chocolate for rice crispy cakes
    Sunshine babyfood - fab
    Baby oil - errr just cost....:P
    Ready brek - but there is a cheaper one in Lidl (Natural Harvest) nice also
    Marshmallows
    Jelly and ice-cream
    Winegums - dam i left a pack at home

When I started going to school my mother asked me what do I want for lunch
    I had toast with lashing of marmlade - people looked at me weirdly. But f that
    After experiments with tomatoes in soggy sandwiches - toast and marmlade ftw

Boycott Clarks- Bring back princess shoes!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Tom & Jerry cartoon films. Still can laugh my arse off over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Keogg wrote: »
    POKEMON

now those were the days....
    Jafin wrote: »
    I was afraid to say it :P

Still buy one version of the 2 games when they come out, but I finally grew out of watching the cartoon 2 years ago. Im 20.
    I would love to have all teh pokemon episodes haha. The gaames were great. had blue/yellow/gold.
    Keogg wrote: »
    Watched an episode of pokemon recently enough and it was terrible. It was really new and had completely different pokemon and characters!
    :D The old ones are still a classic though.:D
    The games were even better, I had red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and got emerald pretty recently :D
    its the best.

I still play these games all the time. First gen are my favourite though. Love messing about with the glitches.
    donmeister wrote: »
    TMNT are still the shit as far im concerned :cool:

They're making a one off special cartoon. It's going to be a crossover between the 1980's and early 2000's cartoons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

Silverfish wrote: »
    Calpol.

yum... Calpol Original was the business. Hated the orange stuff for 5+ though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

CallMeMiss wrote: »
    yum... Calpol Original was the business. Hated the orange stuff for 5+ though!

I was so sad when I was six and new I couldn't have calpol anymore! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Calvita! mmm...

• Advertisement

Do you? Do you?

I was feeding a relative's baby Sunshine Orange the other day...

Weird name for a baby. :pac:
    tinyfox wrote: »
    Chocolate rice crispie cakes though now i make them with melted galaxy chocolate, makes me feel far more grown up! :p:D;)

There are those amongst us who would have you believe that they are called Rice Krispie Buns, not cakes. BUNS FFS!!!

When the revolution comes, they will be first to be rounded up and shot with balls of their own shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Transformers.

Can't get enough Transformers.

defo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Disney movies!!! God, I love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

gripe water.......turn to fat frogs when i cant get me some gripe water

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Dave Matthews Band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Liga was lovely alright, the one kids thing I still like are Choc Dips, in the little blue tub, i'm too ashamed to buy them half the time though :(

I love these things!And I also love the party ring biscuits-memories!!

Oh, and does anybody remember ice gems??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 goforguitar

I still love the smell and feel of my nieces clothes but alas....she's grown out of them....as have all my nieces...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

+1 for Pokemon. Ima get a pikachu tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thisthingofours

eatayolks....im always on the lookout for them, i havent had one in years now!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I had a pair of white trousers that had a multicolored belt attached to them. I used to call them my belty pants. I grew out of them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Liga was lovely alright, the one kids thing I still like are Choc Dips, in the little blue tub, i'm too ashamed to buy them half the time though :(

hey :D I just bought a tub of those yesterday..must have been 20 years since I had one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Weird name for a baby. :pac:

There are those amongst us who would have you believe that they are called Rice Krispie Buns, not cakes. BUNS FFS!!!

When the revolution comes, they will be first to be rounded up and shot with balls of their own shyte.

They're not cake...they're fcukin buns...
    When the revolution comes, they will be first to be rounded up and shot with balls of their own shyte ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Disney movies!!! God, I love them.

Ya, same.Also Liga, beautiful things.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

18 year olds

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

+1 for Pokemon. Ima get a pikachu tattoo

Everyone still loves pokemon but they want to be cool so dont admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Gotta catch 'em all!

Advertisement