Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! my passion flower is dying!

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am having a problem with my passion flower. I planted it in early spring and it has been growing vigorously ever since, with some of its vines/branches growing by over a foot a week. About 2 weeks ago 1 vine started to wither, turn brown and die, 1 leaf at a time. This started near the bottom of a vine, spreading upwards. Now most of its branches/vines are dying in the same way.

It is in a semi well-drained place, in the sun for at least 2 thirds of the day. It is a standard purple/white passion flower, and from previous experience of the plant, I know that it is normally quite a hardy plant. I have not needed to water it much recently as it has been raining nearly everyday, although I feed it with tomato feed about once a fortnight.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, or does anyone know how to stop it totally dying on me?

Thanks!

Advertisement