Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1tb sata drive question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I'm not sure if the link you posted is just an enclosure or an enclosure and some sort of sata to usb converter. If it has a converter then your flyin!

If it doesn't then I'd consider a new mobo with more sata connections.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I'd figure that if your motherboard doesn't have the ports then you can't run the two hard-drives together....

The think you linked to would make your hd into an external harddrive... You could still store music, photos on it but access to it would be much slower and you can't run programs from it either.

All is not lost however!
    I'm going to suppose that the drive you have in the pc at the moment is not as big as the terrabyte drive.

You could just take out the old drive and stick in the new, then do a fresh install of windows...

You could also then go ahead if you wanted to buy the enclosure and then run the smaller drive as an external.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Or just get a SATA2 controller card - http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=MMEV930599

Just install the controller card and plug the drives into it as you would your mobo....

Advertisement