Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duleek - Kilmoon Cross. Why resurface half of it?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I was delighted to see the recent resurfacing of the road from Duleek to Kilmoon Cross (R152?). Even more delighted when the council took the decision to close the road entirely in order to carry out a proper job!

But why did they only do half-way to Kilmoon? The half they didn't do has been prepared for resurfacing as far as I can see - it's been scored with grooves parallel to the direction of travel, which is dreadful for motorbikes. There are also some gouges/potholes in the road which aren't too pleasant either! And as for the bad patch outside the TOP station.....I'm wary of going over that on 4 wheels, never mind 2!

Anyone hear why it was only a job half-done....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

gipi wrote: »
    I was delighted to see the recent resurfacing of the road from Duleek to Kilmoon Cross (R152?). Even more delighted when the council took the decision to close the road entirely in order to carry out a proper job!

But why did they only do half-way to Kilmoon? The half they didn't do has been prepared for resurfacing as far as I can see - it's been scored with grooves parallel to the direction of travel, which is dreadful for motorbikes. There are also some gouges/potholes in the road which aren't too pleasant either! And as for the bad patch outside the TOP station.....I'm wary of going over that on 4 wheels, never mind 2!

Anyone hear why it was only a job half-done....?

Dunno why they only half done it, the half they did do wasn't that bad at all and the half they didn't do needed to be done the most, often been tempted to drive in through the garage to avoid them potholes at Kilmoon cross.

Advertisement