Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Query

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

My plan was to sit the FE1s well at least some of the April 2010, however now I think it may not be possible until April 2011....In September I'll be starting the 3rd year of my course, normal lectures and all that jazz until christmas then for the second semester its just work placement ... Plan was to do the GCD Prep Course and then do the exams while on placement just realised I cant though because i wont have my results for the whole year unti june and then we don't graduate until October...So i can't do the April ones because i wont officially be graduated even though i will no after christmas whether or not i will have a degree because i will have my results from my first semester and to be fair You would want to be fair thick to fail work placement. Basically my question is does this now mean that i wont be able to sit the October ones either because i wont have my piece of paper until then and by then it would be too late ...because you need to send them a copy of your degree when you apply do them which would be before october????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bella.donna

You should be able to sit the FE-1s next October without any problems. I graduated from my degree last September (got the results in June) and loads of people were sitting FE-1s the month after. I'm sure your results will suffice as proof that you have a degree (as opposed to your parchment). Just to put your mind at ease, I'd recommend that you contact the Law Society to confirm this. They might also be able to tell you if you can sit them in April due to your results being given to you before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Yes, you will be able to sit in October. I finished my degree in May, got results in June (I think), and graduated in October. I sent the Law Soc the transcript of my results which I received in June, and I was able to sit the exams in October. Most final year students who wish the fe1s will do this.

Edit: beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Ashlinggnilsia

Thats great news thanks a mill for that i was on some buzz and then it was gone and now its back!! :D Would love to do em in april while on work placement but they cant exactly say i have my degree until june cos my work placement will be graded i would imagine but i severely doubt im going to fail work placement!! Thanks so much

Advertisement