Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

noise from a ford focus

• 22-07-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

:mad::mad:There a rattling noise from the engine especially when i push to get more speed!! sounds like somehting from a tractor!!!
    It happened when i press the off button for cruise control

any idea??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 del-bhoy

Dylan69 wrote: »
    :mad::mad:There a rattling noise from the engine especially when i push to get more speed!! sounds like somehting from a tractor!!!
    It happened when i press the off button for cruise control

any idea??
    I would get that checked out ASAP i would say the cruise contol thing is just a coincidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Yeah I'd be very worried about that mate. Could be something as serious as a timing belt. How old is it and what sort of mileage is on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brokeasajoke

<snip>

Permanently banned from motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Dylan69

Just checked the engine....the 4 plugs connected to the rear of the engine...one of them broken loose!!!
    Trying to look at website of a ford focus engine diagram:mad:

just check it with a diagram...its a spark plug broken...

Any idea of the cost to repair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Spark Plug?? Is it just the porcelain part broken??

A spark plug will only be a few euro. Prob best to replace all 4 while ur at it! A very easy DIY job if u have a plug spanner.

yeah its the porcelain part of th plug that cracked..

is this common??:mad:

2.50 Euro will get you a sprk plug, Which bit is broken
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Plug_construction.jpg

Not really. Can get broken if installation or removal isn't done carefully. But generally never break when in use. It might be possible that something was flicked up from the road and hit it, though I'd say this is a long shot.

IN any case, its an easy fix and cheap. Bit get it done without driving the car any further as unburnt fuel going through to the Cat (which ther will be when u have a cylinder without a spark plug!) wont do it any good!! Your cheap fix could become very expensive.

In between the rib and insulator:mad:

• Advertisement

Sounds painful!! :p

lol:)

Just use a Spark plug socket to take it out, put a hover over it first to remove any excess ceramic getting into the cylinder, by the way i am talking about the engine

Anyway..thks guys ..a weight of my mind...was hoping it wasnt something serious!!!

Just got the car back from the garage...

Replaced all 4 spark plugs as most of them were burnt....

€95 total cost!!!:mad:

Advertisement