Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costume shops in Dublin???

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi all!

I'm heading to a fancy dress hen night at the end of the month, as is my friend LillyLilly - see her post here -
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61264958&posted=1#post61264958

Anyway, I have no clue what the hell to go as. Now bear in mind, I'm a size 18 so couldnt pull off the usual Playboy Bunny/Slutty Nurse/Sexy Policewoman kind of costume unless they came in my size.
    Ideally, I would like to walk into a costume shop and try a few on before buying.
    Does anyone know of any costume shops like this? I know there was one in or around Grafton St before (not the joke shop beside the Gaiety).

Any help/ideas would be well received!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

I was on this website thecostumeshop.ie and was going to order the whoopie cushion one :D Might give you some advice. They have plus sizes also as that's what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

TBH i'd buy online. Ebay is fantastic for fancy dress, and most of the sellers are very detailed about sizing.

Fancy dress shops in Dublin are horrendously expensive, total rip off merchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

any shops in the city centre that sell costumes? Haven't time to order online again...had ordered off Amazon and 3 weeks on I'm still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

This place is just off clarendon street. They do costume hire and have a good selection. You can go in and try them on first too. Haven't been there in a few years, but they used to be great:

http://www.clownaround.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

TheCostumeShop.ie have an official representative here at boards. Drop him a PM. Ronan

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys...I need to buy rather than hire for this particular event. Sent Ronan a PM...the costumes work out quite pricey compared to what I paid online but seeing as the first one never arrived I'm really in a bind now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

I know you wanted to try it on before you buy it but Irish stores and Irish web sites are a rip off for costumes. Try buying from any American website and even with post+packaging its so much cheaper. I bought an amazing snow white Disney costume from an American site that even with P+P was still at least 50 quid cheaper than any Irish costume store.

I usually do buy from the US but this time got a great price on Amazon...cheaper than eBay. Trying it on never bothers me. The problem this time is for the first time in over a decade of online shopping, it hasn't arrived. I need it for tomorrow night, hence my panic.

Have decided to try and improvise now...I can't justify the cost in the Irish shops.

Advertisement