Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisbon 2 The Return!

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭FutureTaoiseach

marco_polo wrote: »
    In the wake of a previous failed referenda, and a drubbing in the local election what make you think that this would be the one to finally bring down the Government? Bearing in mind the minute that the Referendum is over either the country will be straight into the Nama debate with a vengance?

Even in the event that it did happen any new Government would immediately be in a bit of a tight spot dealing with the implications of the result, and a distraction from other important issues. Now of course if you are really opposed to Lisbon this bit will not be of concern, but if you may have been in favour in the absence of FF?
    Do not the recent public rumblings about Cowen's leadership of the party make things different this time?
    BRIAN COWEN’S leadership will be in difficulty unless he displays more vigour and direction in the autumn, according to Fianna Fáil backbencher John McGuinness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

I don't wanna lose my commissioner!

There is no guarantee we'll keep out Commissioner if we vote yes because the Commissioner promise isn't legally-binding. It isn't included in the Council decisions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Do not the recent public rumblings about Cowen's leadership of the party make things different this time?

Would you really be confident in Fianna Fail having the decency to call a GE after a meer change of Leadership?

TBH I don't understand how someone can claim with a straight face that a second referendum is undemocratic and in the very next breath say that they are going to use the referendum as proxy vote of confidence in the Government

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

They are somewhat overatted but you won't ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

myaaa ooooh

groo gah gah

nooo ooo noono oooo

marco_polo wrote: »
    Would you really be confident in Fianna Fail having the decency to call a GE after a meer change of Leadership?

TBH I don't understand how someone can claim that another referedum is undemocratic and in the very next breath say that they are going to use the referendum on a completely seperate issue as proxy vote of cnfidence in the Governemt
    Well if the Greens do a Des O'Malley on him then that could force the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

There is no guarantee we'll keep out Commissioner if we vote yes because the Commissioner promise isn't legally-binding. It isn't included in the Council decisions.

Seriously, if you're going to try to scare people into voting no could you at least say things that have even the remotest chance of happening? I realise this will significantly reduce your campaigning platform but I'd appreciate it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We've decided for the general purposes of the lisbon treaty that the politics forum EU sub forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1069 is the best place for anybody who wants to continue discussion of lisbon treaty related topics. So please in future take your lisbon treaty related arguments to there. There are many discussions on this there and the mods are more equipped to handle threads of this nature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement