Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox woes...

• 22-07-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Okay was having some connection problems earlier, lost the head and pulled the power cord from the PC (very smart).
    Anyhow Firefox was just after closing down when I pulled the plug and when I rebooted and launched the browser again, Bookmarks and the bookmark toolbar are empty.
    My search engines field is blank too and all cookies were wiped. The only thing still personalised are a few extentions and the skin.
    This happned me before ages ago and I got them back through XP's system restore...that hasn't worked this time.
    I've gone into the program files/mozilla firefox/defaults folder in C: and found a bookmarks.html file and imported from there but the file only has bookmarks up as far as the middle of 2006 :(

Anyone any suggestions as to where else I might look?

FF 1.5.0.12 with sessionsaver and snapback tab extensions installed if that makes any difference.
    I used to use an extension to back up user data for FF but the extension didn't install the last time I installed a newer version of the browser...

Appreciate any help but I don't hold out much hope.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Thanks for that, knew they were kept somewhere...unfortunately my previous attempts to "fix" this and the system restores have lead to me being left with both the old 2006 default list and the most recent back up in the Bookmarks folder and tolbar (but I can delete as necessary)...also having trouble getting search engines to install from the mozilla site...they just load in a new tab as some xml code...
    I might take this oppurtunity to just upgrade to the latest version of FF and have done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭jeffk

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2109

Backs up profile and/or bookmarks cookies preferences etc
    So if it happens again, in you go to febe restore bookmarks no hassle!

Advertisement