Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dung worms for trout

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

a man i was talking to there now said that if you go 2 dried cow dung and look through it you will get wee white grubs with a little orange or brown head in it they are magic for trout. does anypne know if this is true or not because i owuld like to try it but i dont know if he's taking the p*** or not

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Yes they do work.
    But there are more pleasant ways of getting bait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Remember to wear gloves:) there used to be a big pile of cow dung,muck, plants etc, piled up by farmer, beside where we used to fish. You couldn dig an inch without seeing a worm. Great for the perch in the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Or you could try a fly called the Okey Dokey. It's sort of maggoty looking and has a bright orange head. No need to dig through poo then!:D

Advertisement