Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC windows-replacement of glass

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is exactly the place to post but I wonder as general information whether or not is is possible to replace one of these panes of glass. Basically what it is, in my house the landing and bathroom windows contain what looks like a clear pane on the inside and a frosted one to the outside. What I want is for these to both be clear rather than the frosted. Is this a big job? Possibly it may need to be carried out by a pro glazier as I think that there is some sort of gas between the panes? Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

if it is double glazed you will have to get the window especially made unless it is a standard size which pretty much do not exist.

replacing the window is striaght forward. but it would be just as easy letting a pro deal with it.

Advertisement