Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just seen on dragons den

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just seen it too. It would be a handy thing to have in the tool box but I wouldn't think it would work to well if the cavity is full of of sh1te. You can't beat the good old coathanger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Apparently it removes the danger (electrocution?) of using a coathanger?

Though the drill would already have done considerable damage to any cable wouldn't it?

I do like the idea of a quick joint by simply screwing on a connector though. Might suit sat installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Not cheap either, 12.99 Sterling and did she say that its manufactured for one pound? Some mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

I got a set of rods similar size to this product a few years back which was like a set of 12 inch sewer rods if you know what i mean much better product came with various attachments also
    This product will be great if its a free run thru the magnets wont hold if there's any tension or snag

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This product will be great if its a free run thru the magnets wont hold if there's any tension or snag
    Exactly.

Pencil thin mini trunking lid is your only man. Thin, strong, long, flexible yet stiff enough (careful now!) disposable and very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i won't be investing anyhow.looks useless.a magnetic fishing rod

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Seems somewhat surplus to requirements IMO. And I have to fish wires thru cavity walls regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Bought a similar setup from wholesalers few years back, very handy one of the attachments is a small light comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

2011 wrote: »
    Exactly.

Pencil thin mini trunking lid is your only man. Thin, strong, long, flexible yet stiff enough (careful now!) disposable and very cheap.

watched the video this is what he comes out with
    "may i remind you, that magnamole is a push tool, not a pull tool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 whisky

How did Miss Wright get patents for her Magnamole? Similar kits - but more comprehensive - have been available for years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement