Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database maintenance

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am working as a network administrator in a relatively small company.

We have a number of websites using MS SQL 2005 for the databases (very recently upgraded from SQL 2000). They are all running from a cluster but there are a few standalone installations too.

Now I have very little database experience - some access (not even very much at that) and a little bit more MySQL but just from the point of view of using phpMyAdmin.

I can get great hands on experience in this job mainly from the point of view of managing database servers which is great.

I have started studying the SQL 2005 40-731 course with the view of learning more about databases (I dont really even care about getting certified afterwards since the experience I will get will be worth much more). The only thing is I would love to be able to get a better general understanding of databases first.

Is there anything like the Comptia Server+ type of course for databases?

Thanks.

Advertisement