Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate people who walk slower than me..

• 22-07-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Name says it all,im fed up of it now..
    Everyday im walking on the street there is always somebody that i end up getting stuck behind whos walking slower than me and of course there is no way to get past them because theres people just as slow as them walking in the opposite direction it does my head in,not a major issue of course just a annoince,the worst is when your turning corners...

Any thoughts or anyone else experience this???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Ditch your zimmer-frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Maybe they have a foot injury, did you not think of that?

If you walk very fast whilst damaging your feet thru wrecklessness or trip over a bump in the footpath, you never know you might end up like them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Papa don't preach...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Attach a cow catcher to your trouser belt to avoid bumping into people from now on.

It's either that or regularly visit a trained mental health professional to tolerate slow walking people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yes, just this evening actually. Was stuck behind a woman with a handful of shopping walking rather slowly.

Being the fine gent that I am I did the right thing though. Knocked her over and walked on her back crushing her spine along with her precious fairy liquid and parsnips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Im not complaining about people walking faster then me,its the other way around so your smart comment has no merit sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Get a flashing blue light for your head and a nee-naa ringtone for you phone. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes ive a thought.

Learn to be a little more tolerant of other people.

Perhaps the person in front of you has leg AIDS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hate people who walk fast behind me:D

Seriously though it does get annoying, especially when it's an old person, or even worse and old person with a hump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I am a quick walker and I'm sick of getting loud tuts or sighs when I pass the slow pokes! :mad: Shut up or get out of my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Then you walk on the back of their shoes & they turn around and throw the evil eye:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

But if everybody walked faster than you then they'd all bitch about you. Are you ready for the world to hate you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Domo230 wrote: »
    There are a certain group of student tourists who come over here every year and piss me off by walking incredibly slow and cloggin up the path.

Hint the country there from rhymes with rain.

France right? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

sexmag wrote: »
    Everyday im walking on the street there is always somebody that i end up getting stuck behind whos walking slower than me and of course there is no way to get past them because theres people just as slow as them walking in the opposite direction it does my head in,not a major issue of course just a annoince,the worst is when your turning corners...

I call them yaks. They're like those stupid animals that stand around all day. I'd love to shove by them or bull through them in an ideal world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

It sounds like I wouldn't be very popular with some of you because I am possibly the slowest walker ever.

I kind of walk in a very aimless and laid back fashion and I'm very slow.

As an example: I have a friend (who like me also walks very slow) and one day the two of us were in town and we were walking to a shop. The shop was maybe 200 yards ahead of us and the street was very quiet. We saw two more people about 100 yards behind us on the same street. they were walking in the same direction as us. Just before we reached the shop the two people behind us overtook us. That's how slow we were! They covered 300 yards in the time it took us to cover 200 yards!

And it's not as if I walk slow because I have small, stumpy legs. I'm 6'4"!! I just walk in a very casual, unrushed kind of a way.

So I'm sorry if we slow walkers annoy you but some of us just like to live life at a slower and more chilled out pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

JW91 wrote: »
    It sounds like I wouldn't be very popular with some of you because I am possibly the slowest walker ever.

I kind of walk in a very aimless and laid back fashion and I'm very slow.

As an example: I have a friend (who like me also walks very slow) and one day the two of us were in town and we were walking to a shop. The shop was maybe 200 yards ahead of us and the street was very quiet. We saw two more people about 100 yards behind us on the same street. they were walking in the same direction as us. Just before we reached the shop the two people behind us overtook us. That's how slow we were! They covered 300 yards in the time it took us to cover 200 yards!

And it's not as if I walk slow because I have small, stumpy legs. I'm 6'4"!! I just walk in a very casual, unrushed kind of a way.

So I'm sorry if we slow walkers annoy you but some of us just like to live life at a slower and more chilled out pace

Its a fast times we are living in,either pick up the pace or get the hell outa the way grandpa:)

Its a fast times we are living in,either pick up the pace or get the hell outa the way grandpa:)

I'm only 18!!

I just walk slowly. Anyway with this recession I'd say there will be a lot more people with enough time on their hands to walk around slowly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

If the footpaths are crowded just walk on the side of the road. Problem solved. Stop whining about things which can easily be solved ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I love the way Obese people try to WOBBLE walk accross the road, only thing funnier is see them try to run when I aim the car at 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I truly dislike the kinds of people that walk so slow that when they stop right in front of you there is no indication it's going to happen - because they're dawdling along - or when you try to overtake them they decide that that's exactly when they're going to change direction too. My bad partially, but it gets real annoying when you've got a nice rhythm going to your pace.

Ack, then again, if that's one of my biggest complaints then i'm happy out really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think its funny watching people rush around the place..... why you increase you heart rate and get your self stressed and look like a Muppet?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

I hate this, especially people who walk in groups and take up the whole path!

Another thing that bugs me is when someone is walking faster than you behind you so you walk to the side of the path so they've plenty of room to pass... but then they tailgate you all the way down the road!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I love the way Obese people try to WOBBLE walk accross the road, only thing funnier is see them try to run when I aim the car at 'em.

Seen a few tubbies on motor-scooters pootling around Dublin streets lately. Ham beasts walking is so 2008 :)

As for the OP yeah slow walking really bug me as well. Footpaths should be like motorways imho, slowpokes on one end and faster walkers on the other.

I think its funny watching people rush around the place..... why you increase you heart rate and get your self stressed and look like a Muppet?

Exactly! Just slow down and chill out people!

remenber that ad that said turtles live for like 10000 years because they move so slowly?
    I'm not sure if that's true but if it is then I expect to live to about 200 with my walking pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yes! Especially at busy times like Christmas, just because you want to stroll doesn't mean everybody else has to do

I can stroll around if I want.
    It doesn't bother me what pace you want to walk at. There's no law saying you have to walk at a certain pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Maddison wrote: »
    Then you walk on the back of their shoes & they turn around and throw the evil eye:rolleyes:
    I call that the "death stare". I was in a car park recently and reversing into a parking space as I always do, as I stopped to reverse there was a car in the line in front about reverse out of their space. They had to wait until I parked first as they reversed out both occupants craned their necks around to give me the "death stare". What the fcuk was their problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Venom wrote: »
    . Footpaths should be like motorways imho, slowpokes on one end and faster walkers on the other.

And ugly buuurds down the centre of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Domo230 wrote: »
    There are a certain group of student tourists who come over here every year and piss me off by walking incredibly slow and cloggin up the path.

Hint the country there from rhymes with rain.

Ive always found Bahrain people to walk at a steady speed to be fair to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

When I lived in Japan I had this problem too. Cyclist often shared the footpaths with pedestrians, and they would ring their bell to pass and the Japanese would just give way to them instantly. So I got myself a bicycle bell and when I wanted to pass someone infront walking slower then me, I would just ring my bell and hey presto just like Moses parting the waves it worked every time. I used to do it on the subway train stations where there were no cyclist and it even worked there too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

I hate when you're walking on a narrow footpath and alteast two people are walking towards you, but not one of them will move in to give you a tiny bit more space to walk past so you don't end up on the road :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

jigglywoo wrote: »
    I hate when you're walking on a narrow footpath and alteast two people are walking towards you, but not one of them will move in to give you a tiny bit more space to walk past so you don't end up on the road :mad:

Just stop dead so they have to walk around you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 tommyfitz

c4cat wrote: »
    Just stop dead so they have to walk around you

or bull your way through them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Smithers, deploy the cowcatcher.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

The tortoise lives longer than the salmon!

Chill out OP! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Oh I hate slow walkers too!! I have to leg it to get my train home every evening and always end up behind someone snailing along the path. I actually think my walking has got slower because of these people.

Maybe introduce a fast and slow lane on the footpath??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I hate this too, it's like people are just aimlessly plodding about the place. Pick a destination and go directly to your destination, windows should be boarded up and loitering should be punishable by a punch in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Ruu wrote: »
    I am a quick walker and I'm sick of getting loud tuts or sighs when I pass the slow pokes! :mad: Shut up or get out of my way!

http://wallstreetjackass.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c7ae753ef011168985885970c-800wi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

maybe we could setup different lanes on the footpath and you need a speed walking license to use one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I hate this, especially when people have umbrellas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Grafton Street :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i end up getting stuck behind whos walking slower than me and of course there is no way to get past them because theres people just as slow as them walking in the opposite direction
    Yes. You go too slow, as you are weak. Go forth, weave, swoop, and walk head on into people. They shall move, or get walked on.
    jigglywoo wrote: »
    In the game of chicken, he who dares wins. Walk, and do not stop. Slide along the wall, but force them onto the road.

I only go around them if:
    They are old. I mean real old. Walking stick old.
    They have a pram.
    They are bigger than me, or are holding a weapon in plain view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

WTF?
    if someones walking slower than me i'll walk around them,change gear and accelerate,if necessary using the road,(a favoured ploy of mine) or employing a graceful little shimmy to glide between the obstacle and an oncoming pedestrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Ruu wrote: »

But their legs don't know how to be as long as yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Katarn1

This is a major irritant for me. Getting to work in the morning is brutal - groups of people just sauntering along is fine, but when they take up the entire path and refuse to budge, then its gets frustrating lol.

Worst is couples. Now I'm romantic at heart, but surely to god you can stand to part from each other's side for the split second it would take to let someone else pass on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

I don't mind slow walkers so much. I do enjoy the smug air of "my life clearly holds more purpose" superiority, I feel as I dispatch them by means of a perfectly timed overtaking manoeuvre.

What I do hate is those bloody diagonal to the curb walkers. Especially when you can't predict just when they're gonna figure out that they're walking into a wall. If you choose to rot at a snail’s pace then stick to a bloody line!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sealclubber

It's people who walk about the same speed as me that annoy me, especially if you're just walking into work and there's only you and them on the path. There's an uncomfortable closeness that can only be broken by someone accelerating to an unnatural walking pace. And I feel better being ahead of someone so my speed isn't dependant on their's so if they start walking faster to pull away I hate the idea that I have to near run to get past them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Wanna know the worst thing? The people who are walking in front of you, then just stop all of a sudden. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Get out of my way you fools!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭buckieburd

I walk really fast, so everyone is a really annoying slow walker to me, including you Sexmag!

• Advertisement
Advertisement