Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Broadband

Options
  • 22-07-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

First post so please be gentle with me..

Ok BROADBAND.

I've tried all the USB mobile Broadband crap - and IT IS CRAP where I live - varied signal, crap signal, NO signal etc.

SO,

I am now off the USB scent and on to the home broadband packages hunt - BT Ireland, NTL etc.

Basically, I want to know when the best/cheapest broadband only package is? Bearing in mind that I AM NOT up for POOR SUPPORT.

Ideally paying around the 20 euro per month mark..

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Dunno if I'd trust that site you almost linked. It says that BT only provide up to 3Mb which is crap. I'm with BT and have 6.5. Eircom/BT/UTV/any fixed line providers are exactly the same product with exactly the same speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I've lived in Maynooth for going on three years now. My experience for the town:

NTL = Crap
    Clearwire = Crap
    BT = Crap
    Magnet = Doesn't extend to Maynooth
    Eircom = Perfect. Kills me to praise them, but we had 3Mb connection for a year and it never stopped being perfect.

My personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

Eircom's customer service (so far) has been crap, during our product enquiries. We were hoping not to do business with them, but it looks as though we may have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

just to let everyone know - o2 USB broadband works here!

Over 2mb constant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

banquo wrote: »
    I've lived in Maynooth for going on three years now. My experience for the town:

NTL = Crap
    Clearwire = Crap
    BT = Crap
    Magnet = Doesn't extend to Maynooth
    Eircom = Perfect. Kills me to praise them, but we had 3Mb connection for a year and it never stopped being perfect.

My personal experience.

Except NTL they are all just bitstream anyway.
    My o2 dongle works fine out there but having to make a decision about what to get in to the house now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Digiweb Metro (no phone line needed; you get one with it) is cheap and fast. Involves equipment on the roof.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thinking about NTL 20Mb, Anyone here have it and want to share how good/bad it is?

Advertisement