Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Podcasts

• 22-07-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

There are two podcasts that I regularly download, the ESPN football today one, with Pod Vador, and nfl rants and raves, with the two guys in California.

The first one is a fairly standard podcast, with news, interviews, debates, good solid stuff, enjoyable, informative...

The other one, rants and raves, is generally fun, but does tend to deviate into unnecessary and sometimes tedious digressions on stuff completely unrelated to football. It's over 2 hours long, so i guess they have to fill it somehow.

But they do have their moments, one thing i especially like is that there are certain players whose names they won't even mention, as they feel, rightly, that they are getting saturation coverage. They instead call them HWMNBN, or HE Who Must Not Be Named. They pronounce the acronym HUMNUMBA, and they only have three so far. HUMNUMBA one and two are Vick and TO, can't remember in which order, and of course now HUMNUMBA tre (they use italian numbers for some reason) is Brett Favre. So his name is never mentioned, which is a relief, actually, he is just referred to as humnumba tre, throughout. A bit of irreverence is refreshing.

Anyone listen to these? And can you recommend any more podcasts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I look forward to the ESPN podcast.
    It's quality! And they are going daily later this month or early next month.
    Can't wait for my daily fix. During the off-season they debate controverial topics like the Manning-Rivers trade or other topics
    So even if you download them and listen now it's doesn't matter if the news isn't current, it's a realy good podcast

I tried the rants & raves podcast.
    Pure and utter muck. Tries to be funny, it realy isn't.
    I wasn't impressed and don't plan to listen to it anyway.

There was a draft day countdown podcast but they finished up after the draft.
    T'was good

Then there is Football guys. In reality, it exists to promote their subscription fantasy football product. Constant pimping of it but that's ok, they are there to do a job
    But it's an ok podcast. I listen to it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

First person I have heard ever say Rants and Raves was utter muck to be honest. I listen to ESPN mainly but Rants and Raves definitely has its quality moments. I like their sense of humour tis probably why I like it tbh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564861

Another thread a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Yeah Rants and Raves is defintely my favourite Podcast. Some people either like or hate the way they harp on about a unrelated subject but it's not something I'm bothered about.

Others I like would be ESPN Football Today and the 49ers Podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Not pushed on rants & raves. Jeremy Green one is a good one

Football Guys
    http://subscribers.footballguys.com/podcast/

Waddle & Silvy on ESPN are good especially for chicago fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I like rants and raves but yeah sometimes they do too much stuff about their families, etc. Doesn't really interest me but then again it's their show. It does drag at times because of this but overall I enjoy it. Could just do with some editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

Me and my mate do a podcast and have done for the past year.

Just two college guys with a big passion to talk about everything, I also play football in the IAFL.
    Check it out at www.nfldoublecoverage.mypodcast.com or look up "nfl double coverage" in itunes.
    Email: nfldoublecoverage@gmail.com

Advertisement