Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennedy's On westland row

Options
  • 22-07-2009 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm sick of going to the same places everytime I go out to town. I generally start of in the academy/messrs/the woolshed, and then head on to doyles, which is the best place to go for those with good taste in music. But We are all getting a bit tired of the same old routine every weekend. Next time we head out we were thinking of starting it with the cheap cocktails in TGIS at stephens Green and then maybe head on to Kennedy's. But because we are so used to the tried and tested Doyles, we don't know what its like. Has anyone got any reviews of the place they would like to share, about prices and the type of music they play?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

havent been upstairs in kennedys but have been in the club downstairs (in the basement) a fair few times, they have alot of techno nights down there (i'm not sure if thats what your into), the club itself is definetly geared towards dancing as there is not many places to sit, upstairs from what i gather is pretty much a bar along the lines of doyles/messrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Next time we head out we were thinking of starting it with the cheap cocktails in TGIS at stephens Green and then maybe head on to Kennedy's.

If I was on The Green I'd be going into 'Down Under', all drinks for €3- including shorts.

And a cracking pub too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 just_wondering

If I was on The Green I'd be going into 'Down Under', all drinks for €3- including shorts.

And a cracking pub too.

Is that the one under the shopping centre? decent music? as in along the lines of Doyles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is that the one under the shopping centre? decent music? as in along the lines of Doyles

Thats the one, love the place myself.

But its only a suggestion as I've never been to Kennedy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Downstairs in Kennedy's can be great fun but you need to check what's on in there. A lot of techno and Italo nights so if you're into that sort of thing you'll have great fun.

Not sure about upstairs, never been there - I don't think the music would be the same as Doyle's though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

And a cracking pub too.

Really?? They must have managed to pull people in. I used to love when it was Down Under, great spot. Then it was taken over and renamed Ruaille Buaille, I've been in twice since then and left after one. Hopefully they've made it better now then.

In response to the OP, I've only been to Kennedys at lunchtime, but I've been to the Gingerman across the road from there and it's a grand enough spot, music has been fairly good and they do pitchers of beer for around €13 or €14. 4 pints in it I think.

Cathooo wrote: »
    Really?? They must have managed to pull people in. I used to love when it was Down Under, great spot. Then it was taken over and renamed Ri Ra,

Rírá is in dame court underneath the Globe, about half a KM away from stephens green. Forgot about that spot thogh its actually quite good :)

Is their a cover fee for Anseo on Camden st?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Rírá is in dame court underneath the Globe, about half a KM away from stephens green. Forgot about that spot thogh its actually quite good :)

Sorry my mistake, just remembered the name, ruaille buaille! Dunno why I said RiRa, never been there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is their a cover fee for Anseo on Camden st?

Nope. Only when they have comedy or bands on upstairs. But even then, downstairs is always free in.
    Cathooo wrote: »
    Sorry my mistake, just remembered the name, ruaille buaille! Dunno why I said RiRa, never been there!

RiRa agus Ruaille Buaille! That's why!

• Advertisement
Advertisement