Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that annoy you

Options
  • 22-07-2009 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

"Human" is a disaster - it lacks sense.
    There are many more, when I think of them I'll post again.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<---- Music Forum is thataway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I'm assuming you mean "Human" by The Killers?

If so, what part of that song lacks sense, exactly? Because if you're referring to the "Are we human or are we dancer" line, it's a reference to Hunter S. Thompson afaik, so it's hardly really senseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

liah wrote: »
    I'm assuming you mean "Human" by The Killers?

If so, what part of that song lacks sense, exactly? Because if you're referring to the "Are we human or are we dancer" line, it's a reference to Hunter S. Thompson afaik, so it's hardly really senseless.

I know that part. It's the "My sign is vital" . I mean W.T.F.? And the random shouting out of "cut the cord". It's like they wanted to sound deep and threw a bunch of cliches in with one famous line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

It was great when they played it at oxegen for their 1st song. Really got the crowd goin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

More importantly, would anyone buy "Amy Winehouse scent" for the light of their life, or would you just drink it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

The "my sign is vital" line is open to interpretation I suppose.

As for the "cut the cord" bit, it makes perfect sense to me, considering the context of the song, and this stanza in particular (the one that follows it after the chorus);

"Pay my respects to grace and virtue
    Send my condolences to good
    Give my regards to soul and romance,
    They always did the best they could
    And so long to devotion
    You taught me everything I know
    Wave goodbye
    Wish me well..
    You've gotta let me go"

Cut the cord = letting go. Kind of obvious, that one? Wouldn't really call it random, in context.

Not that I'm really one to analyze Killers lyrics. I could give or take them most days, and I've no particular like or dislike for the song. Just saying it doesn't seem that confusing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hmmmbop.

The song doesn't annoy me, I think it's rather catchy. Just, hmmmbop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

now THIS is the type of thread i like

ANY lady gaga.... she is utter SHOITE!

ANY kings of leon... the band itself isnt that bad, but dear god the singer is some whingey bastard!

La Roux - bulletproof... i mean god, its electropop, of course itl suck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Crank that by Soulja Boy, except when I'm drunk, then it's the best song ever and I can crank it with the best of them after a few tins...or so I like to think:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

liah wrote: »
    The "my sign is vital" line is open to interpretation I suppose.

As for the "cut the cord" bit, it makes perfect sense to me, considering the context of the song, and this stanza in particular (the one that follows it after the chorus);

"Pay my respects to grace and virtue
    Send my condolences to good
    Give my regards to soul and romance,
    They always did the best they could
    And so long to devotion
    You taught me everything I know
    Wave goodbye
    Wish me well..
    You've gotta let me go"

Cut the cord = letting go. Kind of obvious, that one? Wouldn't really call it random, in context.

Not that I'm really one to analyze Killers lyrics. I could give or take them most days, and I've no particular like or dislike for the song. Just saying it doesn't seem that confusing really.

Fair enough, I shan't deny you your right to an opinion, just don't like the song much m'self! :)

Can't stand Tinchy Stryder's musics.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

I know a song that will get on your nerves. get on your nerves, get on your nerves.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Anything by chris brown annoys the hell out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

sherdydan wrote: »

ANY kings of leon... the band itself isnt that bad, but dear god the singer is some whingey bastard!

i love all lady ga ga,s songs so far

all the single ladys by beyoncee is annoying , change that to any song by beyoncee is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Pokerface by Lady Gaga.

Like a nearby construction site rudely waking you from drunken sleep at 6am on the first morning of your cheap Spanish package holiday.

Johnny's got a boom boom.

HATE that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

THat fecking crazy frog song God is that annoying! Anything by that disney one Miley Montana or whatever her name is!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"If I Were A Boy"

Sexist, stupid. it just sounds like she looked up "male stereotypes" and then wailed them out in some made up key:mad:

Bulletproof - It really just scares the crap out of me!!:eek:

Rockstar - Overplayed, cheap kareoke shoite, performed by a grown man who straightens his hair.

Crazy-Gnarls Barkley
    I just really didn't see the hype.

Anything by Lady Gaga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

anything by that useless twat rianna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Metro Station and that stupid Shake it song..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

There's a really annoying song by Kid Rock. My memory has suppressed the painful name of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dunnomede?

theres a song over here at the mo that has the line "sush girl, shut your lips, do the helen keller and talk with your hips"
    Its so deep and meaningful

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Aga do do do push pinapple...and so on!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Practically anything released in the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

There's a really annoying song by Kid Rock. My memory has suppressed the painful name of it...

I think it's called...all...of...them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Every song of James Blunt I have heard annoyed me, especially the goddamn awful "Your Beautiful".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Johnny's got a boom boom.

HATE that song.

OMG theres other people who hate that song?? i though i was the only one! arrrrggg its such a shoite song why someone would listen to it is beyond me
    deadhead13 wrote: »
    Every song of James Blunt I have heard annoyed me, especially the goddamn awful "Your Beautiful".

totally agree hes just irritating anytime i see his him i just want to box his face in nothing would make me happier
    sherdydan wrote: »

Ah now lady gaga is alright, pure rubbish live though i will admit that but in fairness she did annoy me for a bit and poker face is kinda getting on my nerves!
    How can you not like KOL!!! They are brilliant i love them.........a little too much its quite scary
    Oh i agree with Bulletproof its shoite and once again im the only one round these parts to hate it its just fukin annoying!!!:mad:

i know this song is old enough but skater boy by avril lavigne wrecks my head i dont really like jai ho by the pussycat dolls i dont know why though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Shut up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings

I detest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

mental07 wrote: »
    Shut up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings

I detest it.

Agree totally...and that's the least annoying of their songs.

Take this vein-popping line from Great DJ - the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums (this could go on and on) - or the execrable THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME!

Rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Agree totally...and that's the least annoying of their songs.

Take this vein-popping line from Great DJ - the drums, the drums, the drums, the drums (this could go on and on) - or the execrable THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME! THAT'S NOT MY NAME!

Rubbish
    Christ, I didn't realise that the drums song was them - I hate them even more now. Cheers!

Advertisement