Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh McDonagh's, why must you be so amazing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ScumLord wrote: »
    How will the cows ever forgive you? :pac:

Some sort of séance, my only hope. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

Seaneh wrote: »
    I know a chef who worked there last summer and he told me that thye still use beef dripping, unless they have two vats?

My bro has worked there for years and according to him they don't use it any more and I'm not a veggie so he wouldn't be saying it to try make me eat animal fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Xiney wrote: »
    On the positive side, complete lack of crusties!

What relevance does that hold? Is that a reference to vegetarians not eating there? If so, lame.
    Why? Are they cooked in animal fat or something? My GF is vegetarian and she has eaten chips there lately. Oops. Better not tell her.

Do tell her. I'm vegetarian and if someone knew something like that and didn't tell me, I'd eat them.

LoopyL wrote: »
    they used to be cooked in animal fat but that ended years ago just good old sunflower oil now im afraid

Their curry sause is really tasty though

Well I have asked on more than one occasion and have been told that they're fried in pig lard, hence me not eating there in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

Apologies, that was misinterpreted. I meant, I should probably not tell her that the chips she has eaten there in the past were possibly cooked in animal fat. We hardly ever go there so if we ever do go there again, I'll let her know. I'm not that evil that I wouldn't tell her if the situation ever arises in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

first time having a lemon sole n chips in the Kettle of Fish yesterday, twas freekin yum!....

McDonaghs be gone (waaay too much greasy batter for me taste)

http://www.qype.ie/place/134041-kettle-of-fish-Galway

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I don't like McDonaghs anymore, although a few years back i did. Probably before they got rid of the animal oils and started using the veg oils. Just not the same grease I guess.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jkforde, no need to dig up two old threads to say how KoF is best ever.
    I'll close this and leave the "Best Chipper" thread open

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement