Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS:2008 Specialized Tricross Singlecross €350

Options
  • 22-07-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭

Selling my practically unused Tricross plus extras included.

http://adverts.ie/131163

Welcome any interest.

Thanks.

2,000th post \o/ \o/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Ant

I'm not being a shill here (check my posting record) but last September / October, I bought this Singlecross from Cycleways for €700. It's my first non-MTB and I just love it. I bought it primarily as a commuting bike but after a couple of months got a fixed cog installed to add an extra element of fun. Over the past few months, I've enjoyed cycling it so much that I've started to take it out on 50km plus weekend spins.

The only problem I've had with this bike is that the threads in the rack / mudguard mount recently stripped. (I have to loosen the rack and mudguard mounting bolt every time I replace the back wheel as the rear axle needs to be able to freely slide back and forth to get the correct chain tension.)

I strongly believe that if you're only buying one bike, and interested in cycling both on and off-road, this is a great all-rounder bike - though it does preclude steep inclines. (If you're like me cycling through Dublin and Wicklow mountains isn't much fun. Killiney, Howth and Knockmaroon hills are at the limit of my climbing ability.) At €350, this is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

For the few miles a did on it,it certainly was a comfy ride for sure.
    Why not buy mine and have a dedicated one for on road and one for off road.:D

:D I'd almost be tempted but I reckon if I get another (second) bike, it'll definitely have more than one gear. The one time I tried cycling through Wicklow I had to get off and push the bike up some of the steeper hills and I told myself I wasn't coming back until I had either gears - or huge calf muscles (and far less weight hanging off the belly). I reckon the first option is probably the more feasible of the two.

Another great thing about riding a single speed / fixed gear like this is the minimal maintenance required. I've done well over 1500km (mostly on-road) and so far I've only had to replace the brake blocks (once) along with a bit of chain-cleaning and wheel-trueing.

Gears certainly help in and around Wicklow. I always seem to never have enough though.

I know you said you don't want to sell the extra parts separately but I'd be interested in the off-road tyres. I posted a thread last night seeking recommendations on off-road tyres to buy but it seems there aren't many cyclocrossers on boards. I just remembered you were selling this bike and thought I'd check to see if you might sell the original tyres that came with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Ant wrote: »
    I know you said you don't want to sell the extra parts separately but I'd be interested in the off-road tyres. I posted a thread last night seeking recommendations on off-road tyres to buy but it seems there aren't many cyclocrossers on boards. I just remembered you were selling this bike and thought I'd check to see if you might sell the original tyres that came with it.

Ant, I haven't used the original tyres on my Tricross. PM me if you're interested.

Sorry Ant,only saw your post now. If Lumen sorts you fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sorry Ant,only saw your post now. If Lumen sorts you fair enough.

Sorry Tax Man, wasn't trying to hijack your thread, just trying to help. I'll only sell the tyres if you want to keep yours with the package.

Hi Tax Man,

I just saw yourself and Lumen's recent posts. I got the impression from your posts that you were happy enough for Lumen to sell the tyres and for you to keep your package together so I just PMed Lumen. He got back very quickly to say that as it's your thread, he didn't want to trade without being clear that you're OK with this.

Fire ahead guys I'm easy.;)

BTW PRICE DROP €300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Tricross is sold.

@ryan You might want to start a thread for your bike. It's lost in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

Tricross is sold.

@ryan You might want to start a thread for your bike. It's lost in here.

I thought I did, and I have now - thanks for that.

Advertisement