Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wasted Opportunities

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You'd feel worse if you were rejected, plenty more chances my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Years ago I lived in this big old mansion of a place in the country, rented a couple of rooms in it, when two Spanish girls who were friends of another girl living there came to stay for a week, we chatted a few times over meals and I took them to see the sights and stuff, then just a day or so before they left they said they were off on a trip round the world and 'why don't you come with us?' Took me by surprise. I had a fair bit of money saved but I was a couple of weeks into a new job that I liked and after a bit of a think about it said no, another time might have been different. I'll forever wonder though how it would've turned out. They were quite flirty.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Johro wrote: »
    They were quite flirty.:D

Probably thought you were gay.

grindle wrote: »
    Probably thought you were gay.
    :D
    Defo not. Claudia and Mayte. Just in case ya come across them.
    In a nice way. :p

:D
    Defo not. Claudia and Mayte. Just in case ya come across them.
    In a nice way. :p

If that's them, you're an idiot for not going.

If that's them, you're an idiot for not going.
    Yup.

Yup.

Whether they thought it or not, I think you may well be fully gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Years ago I lived in this big old mansion of a place in the country, rented a couple of rooms in it, when two Spanish girls who were friends of another girl living there came to stay for a week, we chatted a few times over meals and I took them to see the sights and stuff, then just a day or so before they left they said they were off on a trip round the world and 'why don't you come with us?' Took me by surprise. I had a fair bit of money saved but I was a couple of weeks into a new job that I liked and after a bit of a think about it said no, another time might have been different. I'll forever wonder though how it would've turned out. They were quite flirty.:D

Why didnt you make your move during the week they were in your mansion?:confused:

Could have lived like Hugh Heffner for a week.

Whether they thought it or not, I think you may well be fully gay.
    Fully? :pac: As opposed to just a bit?
    Nah I annoy meself with the thought of what a round the world trip with two spanish girls might have been like (or two girls of any nationality) but on the plus side, that job I didn't want to give up is where I met my gf. Can't complain really.

• Advertisement

IrishAm wrote: »
    ...with better looking women.

IrishAm wrote: »
    Why didnt you make your move during the week they were in your mansion?:confused:

Where did I say I didn't?:p
    Okay I didn't. Because I didn't have the confidence then that I do now.

Where did I say I didn't?:p
    Okay I didn't. Because I didn't have the confidence then that I do now.

You could've been like the OP, but... times two... Fuuuu....

You could've been like the OP, but... times two... Fuuuu....
    Yeah... okay... stfu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kingofthenerds

i was kinda seeing a girl in first year, a real bombshell. we hadnt kissed or anything like that but it was progressing. i followed a policy of not going out during weekdays in college because i made an arse of two attempts at college before and i was determined to abandon my party life. anyway, long story short, a snow storm came over the country and college got canceled and it was mid week too. the girl txted me and asked me to go out but i got cold feet because i didnt know any of her friends so was too anxious. she didnt speak to me after that! the moral of the story, be prepared to take opportunity at a moments notice...[sigh]

Yeah... okay... stfu.

Hugs and kisses.

I'm sure your gf is at least twice as amazing as the both of them, and doesn't nag.

And they seem quite superficial, with all their "look at my hot bod" vids.

Who would you discuss this Cartesian nightmare with?

• Advertisement

Hugs and kisses.

I'm sure your gf is at least twice as amazing as the both of them, and doesn't nag.

And they seem quite superficial, with all their "look at my hot bod" vids.

Who would you discuss this Cartesian nightmare with?
    Vids? Who the fug you on about?

Holy crap I just googled 'Claudia and Mayte' and saw what you're talking about :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: haha that's freaky and total coincidence coz THAT'S NOT THEM!!!
    Lol. Their names were Claudia and Mayte alright, and they were fit and all but no, not those two. Mental...

Btw they were Basques from San Sebastian, and not like those two airheads ffs lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

you should have walked up to her and said anything , made a fool out of yourself , anything, absolutely anything but relied upon something very normal and boring as that's all you needed to be if she truly liked you anyway . Just so you could then walk away with some peace of mind having exposed her for the sociopathic cockteasing timewaster she probably was :pac:

*edit* just realised this thread is from 2009* meh

Holy crap I just googled 'Claudia and Mayte' and saw what you're talking about :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: haha that's freaky and total coincidence coz THAT'S NOT THEM!!!
    Lol. Their names were Claudia and Mayte alright, and they were fit and all but no, not those two. Mental...

Btw they were Basques from San Sebastian, and not like those two airheads ffs lol.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    HAH!
    Okay. Shame that lasted so long for so little, and that you've ruined my dreams. Not my wet ones though. You've enhanced those. You've only ruined my regular dreams.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    HAH!
    Okay. Shame that lasted so long for so little, and that you've ruined my dreams. Not my wet ones though. You've enhanced those. You've only ruined my regular dreams.
    I didn't say they weren't hot stuff. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

OP can we have the 'what happened in between' story please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Mrmoe wrote: »
    maybe she was a hooker and she recognized you.

What does the punter do in that situation... wait, I think that has been covered in a thread before. Polite nod, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Met a stunning ozzie girl in a bar in Melbourne. Couldn’t believe my luck with her.

Didn’t kiss her but got her number.

Next week shes in the city and asks me to go out to a bar with her and her friend.

I arrive, stonecold sober and with my new job to start in the morning (It was a Sunday night).
    Wasn't exactly "on the buzz".

At the end of the night she asked me to go with her back to hers. She lived miles out in the burbs.

I had about 20 dollars in my bank account if even, couldn’t drink or buy her a drink for this reason and finally got a job.

I couldn’t risk staying in hers and then getting public transport at 6am back home. I still didn’t know the burbs well and I couldn’t afford taxi.

I regret not going back to hers that night coz it was my chance. Now Im a boring old 9-5er !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP responded back, which was cool. However, old thread is old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement