Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petty Revenge on a Bouncer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I'm probably being really dumb here.....but why exactly should drinking alcohol in a Q stop you from going in somewhere to drink alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Kiss him and feel his balls!

Ah the classic Dunphy Manoeuvre, gets 'em every time!

OP - everyone knows it's pretty tacky to be drinking a can in the queue for a nightclub. You should be swigging from a screwtop bottle of wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I'm probably being really dumb here.....but why exactly should drinking alcohol in a Q stop you from going in somewhere to drink alcohol?

Because they are less likely to sell you alcohol..

Worst I've seen is a bouncer refuse a guy at a club in Navan with closed gates behind him. Guy went off, came back in his car and tried to smash your man into the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Ah the classic Dunphy Manoeuvre, gets 'em every time!

OP - everyone knows it's pretty tacky to be drinking a can in the queue for a nightclub. You should be swigging from a screwtop bottle of wine!

A bottle of Buckfast is classier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Because they are less likely to sell you alcohol..

Worst I've seen is a bouncer refuse a guy at a club in Navan with closed gates behind him. Guy went off, came back in his car and tried to smash your man into the gate.

That happened in the nightclub I worked in as well. He was one of the four that came back!

• Advertisement

Terry wrote: »
    But you bitched about others bitching about it.

You bitched about it by proxy.
    Im pointing out that the bouncer was right to refuse him and generalising all bouncers doesnt say much about the OP. A bouncers job is hard enough without people wanting petty revenge. If he had not have been drinking in the queue he most likely would have got in, so whats the point of it.

I think bouncers just take the piss a lot of the time tbh. Myself and a few friends were on the beer all day a few saturdays ago. At about 1am we were going to a late bar, at this stage it was just me and another lad who were drinking all day and we were joined by two other friends one who had 3 pints and the other who was driving. Now up walk me and the other lad, with about 15 pints each drank and a few jager bombs obvious as feck we were well on it and in we go no bother. The two sober lads right behind us were refused for being hammered but they did talk there way in eventually. Crazy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Doc wrote: »
    Well you could ring up the bar the bouncer works at and ask for the manager, say that your 15 year old son came home last night completely drunk and that you had found out from a friend that he was allowed entry into the bar by said bouncer despite him quite obviously being underage. Tell the manager you are furious and seriously considering going to the Gardai and demanding that their license be rescinded for allowing entry to underage kids. Say that you can’t believe how incompetent the door staff must be and that unless they do something about this you will have to.

You would be a cock but it would probably be pretty effective in making the guys life more difficult.

this would be soooooooooo wrong. The bouncer could be depending on his job for support a family etc. Please OP, don't do this. He stopped you rightly so, for drinking a can in the queue, just learn from it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I highlited the important bits for the 90% of people that didn't seem to read past the first 2 lines.
    Piste wrote: »
    Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

ANYWAY, while I recognise that for drinking in the street bouncers have every right to turn me away, do they have to be such **** about it? Every second person was staggering in drunk, and the bouncers even let in one guy with a really obviously fake drivers' licence saying "get you and your fake licence in there". When I called him up on it and asked if he'd let the rules slide for me like he did for the other guy he was like "uhhh that licence wasn't fake" even though he explicitly said it was. They were also turning away obviously sober people and having a laugh about it.

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

*I had to go back and change all the "b"s in "bouncer" to lower case. Proper Nouns are too good for them.
    The OP knows he should fecken well have been refused!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

What i don't get is why do people want to go to somewhere that

1. You have to stand outside for ages in a queue to get in.
    2. You don't even know if you're welcome.
    3. The staff are rude to you.

Most places I'd go to the bouncers open the door for you and wish you a good night as long as you're not falling around the place or aggressive.

Saying that I haven't been to an illuminous tango party nightclub in a long time.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Ruu wrote: »
    Tie his shoe laces together, then watch the magic. I got the idea from a cartoon, tis a classic!:D

He bends down and unties them?
    orestes wrote: »
    Pffffft, most of the mods on here are insane, drunken drug addicts! You don't want to know the things I've done to get my fix. Horrible things, horrible horrible things....

Doubt it.
    Terry wrote: »
    I'm laughing at the right-on moral people.
    Like any of you never did anything stupid when you were drunk.

Who hasn't? But get over not getting into a club is what we say to him!
    funk-you wrote: »

-Funk
    The snatch is most likely the easiest in these places

@ Funk......your avatar would suggest otherwise :pac:
    then buy some break fluid

dont really

Urban myth. They removed the corrosive element from brake fluid yonks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Urban myth. They removed the corrosive element from brake fluid yonks ago.

Tell that to my mate who spilled brake fluid in his boot, and ended up with a massive hole in the boot floor. Only a few months ago.

OP, i don't understand what the problem is? You say you understand why you didn't get in, the bouncer didn't get arsey from what I read, so the issue is...?

funk-you wrote: »

Most places I'd go to the bouncers open the door for you and wish you a good night as long as you're not falling around the place or aggressive.

Saying that I haven't been to an illuminous tango party nightclub in a long time.

-Funk

I with The Funk on this one. Unless there's something really really really (and I mean really) good on I won't queue to get in somewhere.

There's plenty of great places that you don't have to queue, aren't full of assholes, and the bouncers and staff are nice to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

@ Funk......your avatar would suggest otherwise :pac:

Is ih cos I is black?

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If a bouncer refuses you, then they don't want your business, so give your money somewhere else.

Also, imagine a club without any bouncers.

And could people stop slating Piste because he was drunk? We've all done stupid things. And he admits he would have refused himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I'm never turned away by bouncers. I always be friendly and polite and say hello etc as I go in. It costs NOTHING to be polite.

If they turn you away, fine they don't want your money there's other places. But skulling cans on the street in a queue makes you look like a total knacker and I wouldn't let you in my house let alone a club.

It costs NOTHING to be polite.

But learning politeness in the first place can be pricey:

http://www.flipkart.com/manual-politeness-anonymous-comprising-principles/1436956382-uox3f5udfe

1832 Rupees for that? They're having a laugh mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    But learning politeness in the first place can be pricey:

http://www.flipkart.com/manual-politeness-anonymous-comprising-principles/1436956382-uox3f5udfe

1832 Rupees for that? They're having a laugh mate.

How's being bald going? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

what sort of an idiot drinks in the queue to a nightclub??

We all want to get a few cans into us before we go out, but that is plain dumb.

Secondly, I don't see the problem with the attitude of the Bouncer here. You were drinking in the queue. I wouldn't give you any respect either

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How's being bald going? :pac:

I'm rocking the look dude!

[edit]That was a great non-sequitar[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Piste wrote: »
    So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

I hope this was tongue-in-cheek (or drunk posting) because it makes you sound cretinous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

street drinking cans = sad scummer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Would murdering his family be going too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Aidric wrote: »
    Would murdering his family be going too far?

Ahhh come on, all he did was drink in the Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bah OP! I get refused for genuinely unfair reasons (such as my shaved head because I'm bald or because I don't look like the rest of the metros that they are letting in). So I have no sympathy for your can drinking in a queue, seriously did you expect the bouncers to be cool about it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

IvySlayer wrote: »
    If a bouncer refuses you, then they don't want your business, so give your money somewhere else.

Also, imagine a club without any bouncers.

And could people stop slating Piste because he was drunk? We've all done stupid things. And he admits he would have refused himself.

The OP is a she not a he btw. As for not getting in, ah well, life sucks, move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

soundsham wrote: »
    street drinking cans = sad scummer

what about drinking whiskey on the back of the bus? Is it ok if its from a hipflask or am I a scummer too?

what about drinking whiskey on the back of the bus? Is it ok if its from a hipflask or am I a scummer too?

Hipflask = suave. So you're ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No he'll say you're alright, it's only when they fit into the stereotypes he wants them to will he refer to them as scummers.

Personally I think it's all the same.

Advertisement