Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Customs testing Vehicles in private property

• 23-07-2009 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Yesterday the customs were dipping outside my premises for over a hour and half ,prob is i run a garage in a big enough yard on main road and customs stopped directed and dipped vehicles in my yard are they allowed to do this without property owners consent also not a sinner came near the place cos afraid of any hassle for most of day.would like to hear other peoples opinion's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't have thought so. Did you not challenge them? And what 'hassle' were your customers afraid of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

AFAIK customs can do whatever the f*ck they like :(

Although they do no have the same power as Gardai and need Gardai to invoke those powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

No one wants there vehicle dipped,especially those drivin jeeps that want tyres put on which meant i sold feck all all morning,i know people should not use the wrong diesel but it happens especially if a lad is stuck or low,back to point though don't think they were allowed to direct traffic from main road onto our property dip vehicles ,who's insurance covers this if someone slips etc after being directed in by officals ???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭alo1587

I would have told them to politely fcuk off,as they were obstructing your yard/business

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

I know was thinking of doing that,you would'nt believe this but i picked up a jeep for repairs in the morning whilst they were stopping traffic on the road i was in the traffic and drove into my place when they finished they came down and demanded to dip the jeep i was amazed and they talk to people like i was something stuck to the bottom of their shoe.would love to get an official line on this,p.s they were drivin a 07 L registered dark navy mondeo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

peltor wrote: »
    No one wants there vehicle dipped,especially those drivin jeeps that want tyres put on which meant i sold feck all all morning,i know people should not use the wrong diesel but it happens especially if a lad is stuck or low
    peltor wrote: »
    you would'nt believe this but i picked up a jeep for repairs in the morning whilst they were stopping traffic on the road i was in the traffic and drove into my place when they finished they came down and demanded to dip the jeep i was amazed and they talk to people like i was something stuck to the bottom of their shoe.
    Might these possibly be related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

AFAIK customs are entitled to enter your property and do not need a warrant to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Slidey wrote: »
    AFAIK customs are entitled to enter your property and do not need a warrant to do so.

But are they entitled to direct other people onto your property?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

But are they entitled to direct other people onto your property?

Why didn't you ask them that?

Advertisement