Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phones... keep the same number?

• 23-07-2009 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Today I stupidly dropped my phone down a drain. Don't ask me how or why, but I did.

I was wondering, can I buy a new phone, yet still keep the same number? It was really easy to remember and everyone already knows it...
    I'm on the 3 network, and I know my dad did this years ago with Vodafone, so I thought I could use some help from boards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Go in and ask for a replacement sim. Your first one should be free but I think 3 charge for subsequent replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Thanks, I'm heading to the 3 store in town tomorrow, so I'll ask someone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think its a requirement that you are allowed two free a year.

Davy wrote: »
    I think its a requirement that you are allowed two free a year.

I don't think so. iirc I've only got one replacement (maybe two) and they charged me €19 the last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think so. iirc I've only got one replacement (maybe two) and they charged me €19 the last time

I thought you were allowed 2 free once you didn't damage them yourself

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    I thought you were allowed 2 free once you didn't damage them yourself

Maybe that was the problem, I lost it

Advertisement