Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

honda 250 CBR RR

• 23-07-2009 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi guys,

i have a 250 CBR RR and would like to check the oil level, and mybe change it and the filter,does anyone know where the levelindecator is and the drain and the refill?
    thanks
    oh its a 94 MC 22

thanks for the help:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

oil filler and dip stick is behind RHS fairing. To check. Run engine till warm and allow bike to sit for half hour. remove stick and wipe. Sit on bike to level it, place dipstick back in its hole and engage the threads. Do not screw it home. Remove it and check oil level on stick.

Filter required is CF111 code. I forget the make. the plug is located under the bike for draining. oil filter is beside it. Beware the Oil filter bolt. Its soft enough and easy to round the edges on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭jmck87

You can get a genuine Honda part from www.davidsilverspares.co.uk

Click search by model, type CBR250 into the search box that comes up. Your bike should be something like "CBR250RR (R/L/N) Japanese", scroll down then to find the filter. I bought 3 filters rather than paying shipping each time.

You will get a rubber ring or two with the new filter, make sure you change these as well. The small one goes on the filter bolt you take out and the large is the seal between the filter cover and the engine block. Make sure you assemble the new filter and above rubbers the same way it comes out. When you undo the filter bolt just draw it out slowly and you'll see the way it should go back in.

Hope I didn't confuse the job, its really very easy once you try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Jonty wrote: »
    To check. Run engine till warm and allow bike to sit for half hour.
    Why run it and wait for it to cool down again? I just do it when cold...

Why run it and wait for it to cool down again? I just do it when cold...

Letting it cool for half hour isint necessarily cold...oil could still be at 40 or 50 degrees....so its less viscous. Depends on manufacturer though, the CBR manual says to warm it up for 5 mins from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭volker 991

Thank to all of you ,very much welcome ,need to safe money now days to ride more.:).
    i figured since i fix up cages (cars) as a hobby it cant be to bad to service a bike.lol:pac:

when would you change sparkplugs?
    would fully syntetic oil be good?
    say 5w40?
    :confused:

• Advertisement

volker 991 wrote: »
    Thank to all of you ,very much welcome ,need to safe money now days to ride more.:).
    i figured since i fix up cages (cars) as a hobby it cant be to bad to service a bike.lol:pac:

when would you change sparkplugs?
    would fully syntetic oil be good?
    say 5w40?
    :confused:

In essence its no different to changing oil on a car so you'll be fine! For changing oil on my CBR i lift the back wheel off the ground with a paddock stand and remove the left hand fairing for easier access.

Spark plug changes depend on the type of spark plug (iridium, platinum etc), all have different life spans. If you're unsure when you're last ones were changed its no harm to change them anyway and start from there. Although changing spark plugs on the CBR can be off putting, its not complicated...just awkward and fiddly trying to get a socket on them.

Dont use fully syntethic oil. Its real application is racing, where engines run extremely hot for long periods. It can be too thin for road bikes/cars and make them wear excessively when cold starting. It also can perish some engine seals.

The Honda recommended oil for the CBR250 is 10W40 semi-syntethic. Any well known brands (Motul, Castrol etc) will have the appropriate quality and standards. I use Castrol Power GPS 10W40 in my CBR. As per the service manual, use a graduated jug to measure and fill 2.4 litres of the new oil. Then check level and top up if necessary, but usually that amount does the job.

PM me your email address and I can send you a pdf copy of the official service manual.

Advertisement