Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbrick an LG Viewty?

• 23-07-2009 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Messed up my Lg Viewty trying to install a new theme using EFS Media Builder. Feel very stupid right now, have tried loads to fix it but to know avail. Can anyone on here help or suggest somewhere to get it fixed? I'd make it worth yer while, I just want my phone back!
    Its just showing up a yellow screen all the time saying "Refreshing"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Is it locked to any network? If so, bring it back in to one of their shops, explain the situation, and ask them to reflash the firmware. If I recall, this will basically reset it back to factory settings so take out any storage cards as well as the SIM before doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah it's locked to Meteor. I'll pop in and see what they say but I doubt they'll do anything as technically I think I voided the warranty by messing at the phone's software. I'll give them a go anywho, if its gonna cost me a bit I'm prob better off getting a new phone/scrounging around the house for an old one.

I would seriously doubt that installing a new theme would void the warranty. Themes are there to be installed and changed. It is part of the personalization of the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Yeah but this phone doesn't have downloadable themes for it. Needs to be hacked and the phone's software edited in a programme called EFS Media Builder(wish I never got it) in order to put on new themes. Ridiculous.

Just play dumb and say it just started doing it while trying to back it up to your computer or something? All it needs is a reflash of the firmware which should take them just a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement