Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk Sleep

• 23-07-2009 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

How well do you sleep after a feed of pints? I completely crash out but I still feel wrecked the day after

Is drunk sleep better than normal sleep :pac: ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

For me sleep is sleep, I conk out straight away no matter whether I'm drunk or not.
    Give me a sleeping tablet and that's a different story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lately ive been having trouble sleeping after a feed of drink, dont know what it is. maybe the black bush has something to do with it. i was on the piss big time on sunday but woke up at half 6 on monday morning (after leaving the pub at half 2) tired but not hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

its very variable. I love drunk sleeps, its much easier to fall asleep (I'm a bit of an insomiac) but my boyfriend would disagree. Depending on how much he's had to drink he'll probably try to sleep and the room will start spinning and he'll want to puke....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I fall asleep much quicker when Im drunk. But the quality of the sleep is crap.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

salonfire wrote: »

Is drunk sleep better than normal sleep :pac: ??

Silly question. Pass me the sleeping pills Bobcar!

• Advertisement

Keogg wrote: »
    its very variable. I love drunk sleeps, its much easier to fall asleep (I'm a bit of an insomiac) but my boyfriend would disagree. Depending on how much he's had to drink he'll probably try to sleep and the room will start spinning and he'll want to puke....

Yr boyfriend is what they call in the business.. a lightweight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

F*kkin love drunk sleep, off like a baby not to be disturbed for several hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Yr boyfriend is what they call in the business.. a lightweight. :D
    he's not that bad actually, he'll drink a lot more then I would!!
    bottle of wine... naggin of whiskey, anything else thats going. Although that would also explain a lot:D

Keogg wrote: »
    bottle of wine... naggin of whiskey,

I need that just to get OUT of bed, never mind back into it. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Just saw drunk in title and wanted to post in the thread as im drunk.

So there ya go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Absolutely hate drunk sleep.Anything wakes me up and then I cant get back asleep.:(
    No more drunky sleepy for me.No sireee

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ah drunk sleep. When I'm drunk sleep I'm usually impossible to wake and I can sleep pretty much anywhere. I've slept in a taxi, during a college lecture, leaning against a bannister in a friends house, leaning against a wall in a nightclub, in a small box in a friends house (no idea how that happened), on a set of stairs and god knows how many other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

It depend on how much Ive drank If Ive gone mental like I did on Sunday night I have to induce vomiting to stop the room from spinning....If Ive just had a nice few I sleep like a log

2 weekends ago I fell asleep on the ground in front of the passenger seat of a car,while someone slept in the seat with their feet on me, never again though, was very sore the next day.
    And I'm not a midget either, I'm 6ft 2" so it was a tight squeeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Try a red bull/vodka sleep. Oh my god! You'll literally crumple into your bed at 4am and any crack of light (6am-ish) or slight noise will have you wide awake willing your brain to switch itself off while your body feels like 10 elephants are sitting on it. Cue eventually surfacing at midday still wrecked but hyper as feck still feelin half cut and everything feels like its on a 10 second delay for the whole day.

The real hangover kicks in on Monday though in work. God i love vodka red bull sat nights..its almost worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

You dont go through the normal sleep stages while drinking. I find i have to completely sober up before i go to bed and sleep a lot better for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

bobcar61 wrote: »
    2 weekends ago I fell asleep on the ground in front of the passenger seat of a car,while someone slept in the seat with their feet on me, never again though, was very sore the next day.
    And I'm not a midget either, I'm 6ft 2" so it was a tight squeeze.

what the hell were you doing on the ground in the front anyway:confused: haha

Getting a lift home after a night out, the car was so crowded that where I had to go.There was 9 of us in a Fiat Punto including the driver. Not so fun times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

a few drinks and i am out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Usually my night ends like this.

Finish Drinking
    Food
    Home
    Bed
    Get out of Bed with spinners to Puke
    Back in Bed
    Back out to puke
    Back in
    Conk out
    Wake up REALLY Early and not be able to get back to sleep even though I am extremely tired and still quite drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Normally wake up at 9.45 on the button irregardless of when i went to sleep and absolutely dying of the heat and thirst. Down to the fridge drink whatever looks the coldest, back to bed and up again at 11.30 on the button. Never deviating from those time.

One day soon I'll bring a bottle of water with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Ah drunk sleep. When I'm drunk sleep I'm usually impossible to wake and I can sleep pretty much anywhere. I've slept in a taxi, during a college lecture, leaning against a bannister in a friends house, leaning against a wall in a nightclub, in a small box in a friends house (no idea how that happened), on a set of stairs and god knows how many other places.

I woke on the pitch of a coucil estate football pitch, with about 15 scumbags looking in the fence at us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

Best sleep ever!
    Was locked on friday night at a 21st,only bit I remember was falling over a traffic median thingy on my way home home it was gettin bright so i reckon 4/5am ish.

Woke up at 3.45 in the afternoon!on the downside I must have attempted to have food when I got in cos there was a trail of fried rice leading from my room to my kitchen which was a bitch to clean with a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

As long as:

a) my head isn't spinning
    2) my stomach isn't swirling

I sleep just fine.

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I woke on the pitch of a coucil estate football pitch, with about 15 scumbags looking in the fence at us!

So, you fell asleep in a the middle of a council estate football pitch, but the lads who were looking at ye are the scumbags??:confused: They probably just wanted to play some soccer.

Not that you are a scumbag or anything:D, Well you might be, but if you are that person from a different forum I frequent then you probably aren't. Probably.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

I fall asleep madly easy when i'm drunk (in backs of taxis, in clubs....:D) but weirdly always wake up really really early the next morning when all I wanna do is sleep!!!

I fall asleep madly easy when i'm drunk (in backs of taxis, in clubs....:D) but weirdly always wake up really really early the next morning when all I wanna do is sleep!!!

I'm the exact same. But I almost always puke after lying down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Sleep a lot easier myself after a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I love my sleep after a drinking, so much so that I often dont make it to my bed. The amount of times my dad has had to wake me on the couch in the morning is embarrassing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

So, you fell asleep in a the middle of a council estate football pitch, but the lads who were looking at ye are the scumbags??:confused: They probably just wanted to play some soccer.

Not that you are a scumbag or anything:D, Well you might be, but if you are that person from a different forum I frequent then you probably aren't. Probably.:D

Outside of the internet, im lucky im not in prison!:D

Advertisement