Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk Sleep

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I fall asleep madly easy when i'm drunk (in backs of taxis, in clubs....:D) but weirdly always wake up really really early the next morning when all I wanna do is sleep!!!

I feel asleep in a taxi once, wouldnt do it again, the missus went mad cause i wouldnt wake up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I fell asleep in an apartment block under construction in some town in Co Wicklow. The thing is I had been out drinking in dublin city centre and I live in Phibsborough so shouldn't have been in Co Wicklow :o
    I'd even made a little bed out of styrofoam insulating panels for myself. No memory of going to or entering the building site at all. I woke up at 2 the next afternoon and luckily it was a sunday so there were no builders about. Wandered out of the site and nearly died when I saw a road sign stating 'Dublin 32km'. I'd no money, wallet or phone (all lost) so had to get a taxi to my gaff in Dublin and borrow money off flatmate to pay for it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i dont really sleep much when im drunk regardless of how tired i am, i could go to bed at 5 and wake up at half 8 and not be able to get back to sleep! usually feel ****e forthe day tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I can't sleep for ages when I'm drunk, nor can I get comfortable:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I go into a really deep sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, but wake up at 6.30 craving carbs and water and can't go back to sleep after that :( So I'm always wrecked the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You don't actually sleep when you're pished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Doesn't matter if I have drink on me or not, I find it ridiculously easy to fall asleep once I'm in bed. It's more the late night that wrecks me, because I will wake up at 7 (go to work time) no matter what hour I got in at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

drunk sleep < no sleep
    drunk sleep > staying up and getting even more pssed*

* assuming physical and/or mental performance the following day is crucial, otherwise, obviously, drunk sleep < staying up and getting even more pssed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I fall asleep really easily when I'm drunk but I'll usually only get a few hours sleep and spend the rest of the following day hungover and vomiting, I usually only feel better about about 7/8 that night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

A friend of mine, when drunk, will sleep anywhere, and you cannot for love nor money wake her..
    Once, she was out on the rip and hopped into a cab home. Fell asleep - taxi driver couldnt wake her so had to leave her in the front seat and drove all night taking fares with her in the car. She woke at 8am and was like WTF:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Loopy wrote: »
    Once, she was out on the rip and hopped into a cab home. Fell asleep - taxi driver couldnt wake her so had to leave her in the front seat and drove all night taking fares with her in the car. She woke at 8am and was like WTF:eek:
    Seriously? If i had a passenger like that itd be straight to A & E with her.Why would you drive around all night with a comatose person beside ya?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I know madness, I think yer man felt sorry for her and didnt know what the hell to do..
    She was morto when she woke up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

You don't get proper 'REM Sleep' when you hit the sack after a feed of gargle.

REM Sleep is the sleep state in which you dream.

Dreaming arguably is the pressure-release valve of the brain and it clears the in/out tray of immediate conscious concerns and issues.

Most chronic alchos end up paranoid and/or schizophrenic because they are suppressing their brains from the process of dreaming whilst asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

It took me agesssssssss to get to sleep last night :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You don't get proper 'REM Sleep' when you hit the sack after a feed of gargle.

REM Sleep is the sleep state in which you dream.

Dreaming arguably is the pressure-release valve of the brain and it clears the in/out tray of immediate conscious concerns and issues.

Most chronic alchos end up paranoid and/or schizophrenic because they are suppressing their brains from the process of dreaming whilst asleep.
    They're actually not entirely sure what the story is. It's not REM sleep alone, but an overall disruption of the sleeping pattern. REm sleep isn't very restful and you'll notice that if you can recall dreaming a lot in one particular night, you'll be quite tired in the morning. While you're unconscious and generally not moving when "drunk sleeping", your body doesn't properly enter a deep sleep.
    So your body will be largely rested in the morning (because you haven't moved all night), but your brain won't have released a wide variety of chemicals like it would normally have done. This is partly what can cause the generally ill-feeling mood the next day. It also hasn't changed "modes" overnight, which is one reason why you crave carbs and sugars in the morning - your brain has been burning a lot of energy even though you were unconscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

anniehoo wrote: »
    Try a red bull/vodka sleep. Oh my god! You'll literally crumple into your bed at 4am and any crack of light (6am-ish) or slight noise will have you wide awake willing your brain to switch itself off while your body feels like 10 elephants are sitting on it. Cue eventually surfacing at midday still wrecked but hyper as feck still feelin half cut and everything feels like its on a 10 second delay for the whole day.

The real hangover kicks in on Monday though in work. God i love vodka red bull sat nights..its almost worth it :D

Houston... she has a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Drunk sleep is get, only time I actually get to sleep without twisting and turning in bed for an hour. And the greatness about drunk sleep is you'll sleep anywhere, from a kitchen table to a footpath.:D

Advertisement