Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor light staying on

• 23-07-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have an outdoor sensor light that was working fine until 2 days ago. Now when the light comes on, it stays on until switched off at the wall.

Before I call in the sparks is there anything I can check myself?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check no one has turned the daylight up. That will usuall be a pot with sun one end & moon the other. Check the timer is doow near minimum.
    Also clean around the lens. The photocell could be blocked.
    Failing that get a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Cheers koolkid.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

The light staying on means the photocell is faulty, so best replace it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

There was sensor lights on the market a couple of years ago that if the power went out & came on again straight away like a thunderstorm the lights would stay on permanently. Is there any chance it is one of those halogens ( all in one fitting).
    The idea was that they could also be on a switch so if you were doing something outside you could override the sensor if you choose.
    Try turning off the supply to the lights for over a few minutes first & then turning it back on in case it is one of those fittings. When you turn the power back on the light will come on & the sensor will re-adjust for day time & then turn off. If that doesn't work as the lads above said it is faulty

Advertisement