Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cbr 400 good or bad choice

• 23-07-2009 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi guys

Im twenty three and planning to buy a bike. And i just want some info from people about the cbr 400 as i dont know anyone who had one and i dont want to buy a bike thats not comfortable or has anything wrong with it as i ahvent got a clue. Its been the bike i wanted since i can remember i was planning on getting a 600f but the lovely people down a quinndirect suggested i try something smaller

Im only 6" but ive heard the seating position is not to comfortable ive driven a 600 and it was fine but i only drove it for a shirt while.

all posts appreciated

also has anyone traveled to england for bikes the vrt is low

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

If its your first bike im presuming your going to have to get it restricted???why not just get a cbr 250??iv one and its super comfy il be going for a 400 next myself after iv done my test:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 youngshooter

my insurance is only 1300 on the 400 i think ill just go strait for that dont want to have to upgrade in a few months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

my insurance is only 1300 on the 400 i think ill just go strait for that dont want to have to upgrade in a few months

I assume you've a provisional licence? If so you won't have the licence to drive it (and therefore no insurance) as its over the 33bhp limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i could be wrong now but im sure i read somewere on a uk fourm that for some of the cbr 400 models there awfully hard to get parts for ,i tink this is for some jap import models but unsure but im sure somebody else will add to this or confirm if this is true or not,,,but there a nice bike them and as for restrictors,best gettin a bike wit a restrictor cert or its going to cost you money along the way to restrict it as the local fuzz are clamping down on it lately as im finding out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Its not learner legal-nor is the 250 ! Its a sportsbike so comforts out-is it your first bike-if so you'll kill yourself mate- go with less power wud be my advice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

good bikes. Friend of mine just got one. Very comfortable. Grand first bike imo. Dave silver spares or something like that is full of parts for them.

Its not learner legal-nor is the 250 ! Its a sportsbike so comforts out-is it your first bike-if so you'll kill yourself mate- go with less power wud be my advice!

the cbr 250 mc-19 is learner legal:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

the cbr 250 mc-19 is learner legal:rolleyes:
    no its not, has about 40 or 50 bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

guil wrote: »
    no its not, has about 40 or 50 bhp
    The 400 only has 50 or something like that. Cant see the 250 having the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

CB250rr is 40 to 44 depending on the exact model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

CBR 250 = 40Bhp
    CBR 400 = 60Bhp
    approximately

follow link and look at power output

30-34kw so its legal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

30-34kw so its legal

NOT learner legal.
    You are restricted to 25kW.

25kW is 33bhp

30-34kw so its legal

from your link
    Power 45 hp (34 kW) @ 14,500 rpm 45 hp (34 kW) @ 15,000 rpm 40 hp (30 kW) @ 14,500 rpm

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    NOT learner legal.
    You are restricted to 25kW.

25kW is 33bhp

On an A1 license i thought its 35kw??

on an a and its under 25kw on a learner permit, an a1 only covers upto a 125cc
    anyway wiki can be edited by anyone so dint take everythin there for truth

A1 is 11kw 14.6Bhp

What so can i not do the test on my bike:O

if you do the test on a bike under 150cc ya will only be covered to drive a bike upto 150 cc

Where are you getting 150cc from?

If you do the test on a bike of 124cc or lower then you get a full A1 licence.
    If you do the test on a bike with 125cc or more, then you get a full A licence.

• Advertisement

What so can i not do the test on my bike:O

Of course you can you just sign a piece of paper saying its legal!
    (assuming your doing an A test)

Where are you getting 150cc from?

If you do the test on a bike of 124cc or lower then you get a full A1 licence.
    If you do the test on a bike with 125cc or more, then you get a full A licence.
    The ‘A1’ Learner Permit is available from 16 years of age, but will restrict the holder to motorcycles of 50cc to 125cc and a 11Kw/14.5bhp limit. Even if you pass the ‘125’ Driving Test, when you up-grade to a bike over 125cc you will need an ‘A’ licence provisional, a second ‘test’ on a bike over 150cc, and endure all restrictions.
    http://www.msa-ireland.com/licenses.htm
    there ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 youngshooter

thanks everyone for you comment the thread got side tracked with all that licence talk if any one else has any info on the cbr 400ff id be glad to hear it

That isn't an official document from the government.

When you get the letter giving the date for your test it says the bike must be 125cc or above for the A licence.

When I did my test a few months back the tester also said that if my bike was actually 125cc then I would have gotten the A licence, but my bike was only 124cc on the tax disc.

That isn't an official document from the government.

When you get the letter giving the date for your test it says the bike must be 125cc or above for the A licence.

When I did my test a few months back the tester also said that if my bike was actually 125cc then I would have gotten the A licence, but my bike was only 124cc on the tax disc.

So you don't have a full A license??sickened :confused::confused:

The tester was talking ****e.

So you don't have a full A license??sickened :confused::confused:

No I dont :(

I got a full A1 which is completely useless to me. Didn't even bother exchanging the cert for a licence yet because my bike was still over the power limit for an A1 licence even though it was below 125cc

Advertisement