Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat in Wexford

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:09am

This is a country wide one, where are the good places to eat out in? If we get decent responses I can make some form of a sticky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

La Dolce Vita is very nice if you like your Italian food. If you just want something casual, i like Springsteens.

Actually, the Chinese in Rosslare Harbour is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

The Hollow Bar just outside Ramsgrange great seafood dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

The vine Thai restaraunt in Wexford town is lovely. Chans Chinease restaraunt aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrPreachan

Eco, reopening next Tuesday after 4-5 years, last place was class and I expect this will be the same, same management from what I hear. Top food, very fair prices.

Papa Rhodes in Ballycanew, ok, only for special treats but top class food at horrendous prices! Always try to visit it once or twice a year when I can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

dont ever go to rams in ramsgrange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

five star chinese , slaney street enniscorthy ... yummmmmyyyyy!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭poppy123

I have to agree that the Vine is great. The italian in Enniscorthy is really good too, Via Veneto its called. Both of these places are my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

the royal garden chinese in gorey is fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 liamhero

the pplace on the quay in enniscorthy that mick wallice owens is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The Antique Tavern at the bottom of Slaney Street in Enniscorthy is good for pub lunches - friendly fast service - and good Guinness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nothing fancy but had a pizza and garlic bread in "Proper Pizza" in New Ross town last night. Pretty nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭wexican

Kin Khao Thai at the bottom of the Main Street in Gorey is incredible.

Eco at the top of Gorey's Main Street is also amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

The Yard and Spice are always good. Always need to request Spice to make the food a bit spicier though

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

La Bodega on Anne Street, class Spanish food!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

The Antique Tavern at the bottom of Slaney Street in Enniscorthy is good for pub lunches - friendly fast service - and good Guinness!
    Know the 2 owners well. Useta work together in a former-life. Well with one of them anyways.
    Often wondered how many'd fit in to it?
    Stop-off at Maloccos on way-up. They deliver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

Taste in Wexford town and The strand tavern in Duncannon. Both excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 chicklick

the galo grill in enniscorthy is fantastic. needs to be booked at weekends tho. maloccas in slaney street is probably the best take away food in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11 parachutay_jump

the alamo in the riverside park hotel, enniscorthy is fcukin savage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

You must have had limited exposure to good food if you rate The Alamo - a total kip - even Burger Mac is better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Was in Taste a few weeks back and it was beautiful.The food was excellent and the presentation was top notch too.The value was very good too,with a two course meal and a drink for 2 coming to about 50 euro.Would certainlty reccomend it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

You must have had limited exposure to good food if you rate The Alamo - a total kip - even Burger Mac is better!

Second that, the Alamo is poxy. Best place to eat in Enniscorthy at the moment is Anar Kali on Rafter St. After that I'd say Enoteca D'Alba on the quay. Via Veneto used to be decent but has cut back portions over the last year, their wine list is fantastic though.

In Wexford, the The Yard is really good, along with Spice although like another poster said, the food there is pretty mild for an Indian so I'd recommend asking for a little bit of kick in your food to bring it up to usual Indian standard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

T.G Catter wrote: »
    Taste in Wexford town and The strand tavern in Duncannon. Both excellent.

Good th see that the strand has maintained its standards, absolutley Fvckin divine fish and chips the fish is so fresh its still flappin around on yer plate :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Nonsense. It's an absolute kip, it's about as Mexican as Pat Kenny, the nachos are disgusting, the food is generally bland, uninteresting and I would prefer to eat a bag of chips sitting on the wall outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

In Wexford, the The Yard is really good

I was in The Yard at the weekend and was shocked at how bad the food was - it has really gone downhill if my last two visits are anything to go by (I used to love the place). Maybe it was bad luck with the chef who was on duty but the food was massively over seasoned. My beef bourginon was salty to the point of inedibilty and their spuds had such a kick of pepper that my 2 daughters couldn't eat them - very disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭icanhearjimi

chicklick wrote: »
    maloccas in slaney street is probably the best take away food in ireland

Its a good spot alright, the Spuntino in there is the business, but the chips are like a bag of soggy mashed spuds, fall apart, not cooked enough.

Darios beats it by a mile, havent been in since it re-opened though yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Aldridge Lodge in Duncannon is just amazing!! The food is really incredible and the atmosphere is lovely. If I lived in the area I'd be huge as I really would try and eat here every night. Book in advance though it's always very busy and they only do one sitting (which is great as they are never trying to rush you out the door)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cupcakes_mcgee

The restaurant in Kellys hotel in rosslare is very good. Maccari's takeaway has lovely chips.

Advertisement