Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo BOOTH

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi was just wondering if someone could help, does anyone know of a photo booth in cork that does passport photos?

alot of them have gone from where they were and a friend of mine is looking for one, don't want to get them done by person or in a pharmacy for personal reasons....
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

there's one in Merchants Quay, near the Patrick st entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi just read your post and thought I'd prepare you - they are now so strict with the photos for passports - new rules/regulations re. how much of head/neck in picture, no smiling etc. a mug shot indeed! Those machines used to be quite fun and acceptable for passport photos but don't waste your money. When I was at the Passport office there were loads of people sent off to get new photos taken. I went to Barry's on Pembroke Street last year (across from the GPO) it was all done very quickly. And I now recommend there for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Most Pharmacies do passport photos I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

The Passport offfice and the airport both have photo booths.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Judes wrote: »
    Hi just read your post and thought I'd prepare you - they are now so strict with the photos for passports - new rules/regulations re. how much of head/neck in picture, no smiling etc. a mug shot indeed! Those machines used to be quite fun and acceptable for passport photos but don't waste your money. When I was at the Passport office there were loads of people sent off to get new photos taken. I went to Barry's on Pembroke Street last year (across from the GPO) it was all done very quickly. And I now recommend there for everyone else.

I had to renew my passport a couple pf years ago, and this was exactly my experience, don't bother with the photo booths.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

listen to Judes, go to a place where a person who is aware of the strict rules regarding acceptable passport photos or else you will end up wasting time and money....blame the yanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i got my photos taken in a pharmacy in city centre oliver plunky st i think and i was wearing a slash neck/crew neck sweater....
    She managed to obliterate the sweater and i got four photos of what looks like a NAKED me.......... NOT good........ they were only for my driving licence.... I was too embarrassed to go back and complain.... but i'll check pics more thoroughly in future.

Advertisement