Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LvL 80 rogue needs advice

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First i will link my toon
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=B%C3%BAckrogers

Im only lvl 80 the past 2 weeks max. I have picked up some gear along the way. But i just need to ask a few questions.
    I have visted the rogues web sites and picked up a few things but i would like some thing cleared up.

As u can see im Combat Spec.
    But im not sure on what rotation i should be using ect.
    What im doing is Sinister Strike up to about 4 or 5 combat points. Then doing Rupture. After that i might do slice and dice for 1 point. Then back to 4 or 5 Combat points using SS and doing eviscerate. Then ones again use a point in Slice and dice if it needs it. Then back to 4 or 5 points and use Envenom. And then repeat all above.

Poisons. I read what one poster put up here about poisions a week back. Very handy indeed. But because im using Envenom im using IP on MH. And DP on OF. Sometimes i have done WP on MH to give it a try.

My hit raiting has gone up since last nights raid of 165 to about 210. I was wondering when should i be happy with enough hit? I was reading 99 is good to not miss with Yellow damage. And 265ish is for poisons not to miss. And after that its only going to help your white damage. But looking at my over all damage output my white damage is about 44% and if im missing with this... that will effect my dps.

Anyways im only doing about 2.5k to maybe 3.2k DPS. This is without the new dropps from last night. And im not happy with my damage. This would be in a 25raid and fully buffed :(

If anyone could help. But mostly with my rotation on boss fights, maybe drop something im doing wrong ect...

Thanks

Edit: i know i have 2 or 3 itmes PVP im doing my best to get a replacement for these as soon as i win a drop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

In answer to all your questions about, take a look at this thread

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t37183-pocket_guide_wotlk_updated_3_1_a/

In before "lolspreadsheets" but I find Elitist Jerks always have the best guide for rotations and other factors that effect your dps (poisions/gear etc)

Your gear is actually pretty good for being 80 for 2 weeks infact, so don't worry about that, just enchant your helm and your set! And my own advice on the poisons - a mate in my old guild always had WP on MH, DP offhand in the standard combat spec

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Id stick with Assassination when using daggers, id only go combat if i had decent swords/fists.

And id always go with envenom over evis, so id have DP on both weapons, or IP/DP depending on if i was getting max stacks at a consistent level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murfz

Hi my toons name is murfy on anachronos realm. I'm assassaination my hit rating is 340 i use dp on main & ip on off hand i get from 3.5 to 4k dps i tried combat but didn't take to it. But i haven't done anything on him in ages as i became bored of WoW & starting looking into starting a new MMo. The one thing you need to keep up on combat & assassaination is slice&dice it keeps your dps up between combo moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Thanks for all the advice above.
    Thanks for the link it had better info then the other wed pages i have seen.

I now know alot more on what i need to do. First thing will be to get a slow off hand as soon as i can (drops and winning the roll). Also going to change the way i spend my combat points.

Working on head enchant might take another week before i will be able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

The poison hit cap is 315 - you should get hit capped before anything else. After that work on expertise.

The current best PvE spec is Mutilate - 2x fast daggers.

For combat you want to go combat swords and use a slow MH and a fast OH. Poisons you should use are wound poison on both weapons. They add a massive amount of damage.

You want a glyph of Slice and Dice. The best rotation i have found is:
    3 point SnD, 5 point rupture and keep both up all the time.

If you have enough combo points inbetween perhaps use an eviscerate.

I personally think envenom & deadly poison is an assasination spec i.e. mutilate pve spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Never got my rogue to 80 but one thing i do know is Slice and Dice is very Nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

hmm pretty sure combat is the number one dps spec in the game atm, with mutilate slow/fast very closely behind. S+D > Rupture > Evis, always has been, so yeah keep S+D up ALWAYS ! like you said, white dmg = most of your dmg, s+d basically just increases your white dmg by 40%.

Not sure on the poisons for combat anymore, i know it used to be wound wound, but thats when combat was **** and poisons were op'd, might be Deadly/wound now...

Pretty sure combat fist / dagger is the best combat spec atm aswel, maybe its because of the weapons that drop and ****, either way, dont shy away from a sick fistweapon or dagger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Mutilate is by far the best DPS spec at the moment but even with the hfb changes i find it quite hard and gear dependent.

Combat is a lot easier and less gear dependent but youre going to be capped so if youre striving for perfection or the top of the top you're never going to get there.

Combat does however still deliver a competitive dps.

As for fists and daggers; ive not had much time for it w/ combat. If you have daggers go muti, if you have fists combat obv, but i like to think the swords proc is better than the fists talent. If you get something like calamitys grasp though; have to use that :D

As for poisons i find wound/wound alright but then again im only looking to fit in as my rogues an alt im not looking to top DPS meters. I should probably be wound/instant but my DPS is alright atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t54257-3_1_rogue_faq_if_youre_new_ish_here_read_before_posting_updated_6_20_09_a/

So yeah, combat + mutilate are very close with COMBAT slightly ahead, Mutilate = Slow/fast . Think your still thinking in terms of pre 3.1 epeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

I've got Calamity's Grasp(2.6 fist) & Golem shard sticker (1.5 dagger) so using combat CQC. Wound MH & Deadly OH. Usually somewhere around the top in damage in raids with it. Think the rotation is sumfin like 3 SnD initially, 5 Rupture, 5 SnD, then make sure SnD is always up, then rupture & throw in Eviscrate if you have time. Usually if have 8 sec's or less on SnD i'd hit that.

Ain't got a slow dagger to use mutilate since the patch. If manage to get Sinister Revenge or a slow Ulduar Dagger might try it again or duel spec with it as a option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement