Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my me.. where to start ?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭

Ok so i got my hands on a PS3 (Finally) and ive been reading its possible to play NTSC games on it? (Can someone confirm?)

Now in saying that i was in the USA about 8 years ago and while in best buys or whatever the shops called and i picked up a bunch of games one couldnt get over here, the games are:

Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy VI
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Legend of Mana
    Chrono trigger
    Chrono cross

Now my question is, which would be the best game to start on first?

I'm going for whichever has the better story and also has enjoyable visuals, the graphics cant be too dated otherwise ill probably grow bored of it :(

So anybody who has played all/majority of the above, can help me with my decision? :D

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You are out of luck. A PAL PS3 won't play NTSC games unfortunately. You are probably better off getting an emulator and playing them.

Anyway the best to start with are Chrono Trigger and FFVI. Both look absolutely gorgeous for 2D games and have excellent stories (FFVI in particular). Also FF Tactics is a fantastic game and well worth playing. Be warned that it's very hard.

I really like FFIV, the visuals aren't the best but it's still loads of fun. FFV is another excellent RPG with a great job system. Legend of Mana like all mana games since seiken densetsu 3 is a load of arse unfortunately. Chrono Cross is a love it or hate it game. People hate it because it's not a real sequel to the excellent chrono trigger but it's not a bad game but not a great one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I hate emulators, tend to be full of bugs and its just not the same :)

Back onto the shelf with this lot then :(

Advertisement