Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very simple question

Options
  • 23-07-2009 11:20am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure this is dead simple but I've never even tried so thought I'd ask the masters which is the best way to do it.

I recorded a mix the other day but fcuked up the last song. I can't be arsed re-recording the whole thing as the rest of it was perfect, I just want to record the last two tracks or so, and then chop off the end of the original and paste the newly recorded end on to it.

Can i do this in audacity or is there something better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

audacity will do it grand -

I've done it a few times in the past, just make sure that you cut both the old and new version perfectly, I found it easiest to do it on the down beat of a bar and just paste in the new version ... and voila !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers Ro. Yeah I can just end at one specific point in one track and start exactly there with the new bit.

Do I have two windows open and paste between them? I'll give it a go later I'm sure its simple I've just never tried, I'll give it a bash and let u know
    Cheers

Advertisement