Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 month working Visa - America

• 23-07-2009 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I am a 23 year old professional and I want to see about heading over to the states to work for a few months. Does anybody know of an easy way of doing this or does anybody have any tips?? I dont know where to start!! I want to aim to leave next Feb!

Thanks!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Check out the Usit website... if u are withing 12 months of graduation you can apply for a year long one...

You could also apply for a J1 but you have to prove you are commencing college when u return...

Also dept of foreign affairs gives u all the info u need about applying for one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chelseaharp

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
    Unfortunately I have been working for the past 4 years so counts me out of that!
    I have sent an email to Foreign affairs anyway so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JamMasterG

Hi lala stone,
    I've heard about that one year visa for those who graduate but can't seem to find any info on the immi website.
    Could you fill me in a little about where to apply or where I can find out further about it?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Hi,

I just found all the info on this link http://www.usit.ie/travel/12_month_usa_work_programme.html

There is info on that site, u should also look up the Irish dep of foreign affairs, dfa.ie

Advertisement