Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Tables

• 23-07-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Does anyone reckon their team can finish no1 on the promotion tables ?

I reckon that my team can do it. (DIV 4) :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ohhh competition:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

69 points won't be good enuf :p

I don't mind you coming 2nd though !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Oh you're in IV too eh? As I'm not even on the table I reckon I won't get the top spot... but without the cup I guess I need a goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Currently 5th in the table, so I reckon I could give it a shot!:cool:

Ok, on the table at 29... I'm gunnin' fo' yaz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

up to fourth now! Frankiestylee you'll need to improve your points difference by 100 to catch us! :P

100? Sure that's just a game away :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm something like 15th in the Division Three promotion tables, have no interest in getting promoted though.

Really? That would be my first priority!

I'd have to wonder at the wisdom of promotion too... my team is average in Div4, but Div3 will most likely see me on a nice losing streak.

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    Really? That would be my first priority!

I would be murdered in Division 2 right now. Couple of seasons in Div 3 and my team will be good enough.

I'd have to wonder at the wisdom of promotion too... my team is average in Div4, but Div3 will most likely see me on a nice losing streak.

I'd aim for Div 3 if I were you. BTW, you should bring your squad down the 28 minimum, buy young players only (17/18 yo) and focus your trianing then on your youngest players.

Orizio wrote: »
    I'd aim for Div 3 if I were you. BTW, you should bring your squad down the 28 minimum, buy young players only (17/18 yo) and focus your trianing then on your youngest players.

Yeah I'm in the process of getting rid of dead weight, my problem is nobody wants to buy my excess players (even for €1) so I've been firing them which seems like a bit of a waste but saves me €2000+ each in wages.

Also trying to buy in some half decent youth players, but even ones with mediocre (but match worthy) stats are shooting up to 100,000 plus on occasion.

At the moment I nearly have to keep some of the older players just to win a few matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've been surprised at how well I'm doing in division 3, at this early stage it already looks like it's going to be a 2 horse race with me and another team. I'd like to get promoted to division 2, but that would deffinitley be seen as a development season for me, I'd be absolutely murdered in division 2.

There's deffintley a big step up from Div 4 and Div 3 though....but I reckon div 2 is a whole new class altogether. Top 2 division are where it really gets seriously I'd reckon!

Yeah I'm in the process of getting rid of dead weight, my problem is nobody wants to buy my excess players (even for €1) so I've been firing them which seems like a bit of a waste but saves me €2000+ each in wages.

Also trying to buy in some half decent youth players, but even ones with mediocre (but match worthy) stats are shooting up to 100,000 plus on occasion.

At the moment I nearly have to keep some of the older players just to win a few matches.

Its difficult enough - what I would suggest is decide now the players you want to keep and the ones you want to let go, and work slowly to building up your squad, replacing 28 year olds with 18 year olds. Sell any player that has minus 1,500 CSR, fire players you don't want in between 1500-7000 CSR and likewise try and sell any player with 7,000+ CSR.

I'd suggest buying only 17 and 18 year olds, take note of what kind of players you want, the necessary skill set and their non-trainable attributes. Generically, you should buy players with good defence/stamina, with the skills you want for the position you want to play him and with a minimum of collected/collected temperment/discipline attributes. Invest in coaches/training facilities first and foremost, bringing in 5-6 17 year olds and focus all your training on them. Remember to give them one slot per attribute you want to train - so if you have a young hooker, 1 session on strength, 1 session on handling, 1 session on defence and 1 session on technique. You are maximising the training that way.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I've been surprised at how well I'm doing in division 3, at this early stage it already looks like it's going to be a 2 horse race with me and another team. I'd like to get promoted to division 2, but that would deffinitley be seen as a development season for me, I'd be absolutely murdered in division 2.

There's deffintley a big step up from Div 4 and Div 3 though....but I reckon div 2 is a whole new class altogether. Top 2 division are where it really gets seriously I'd reckon!

Its all a lottery, just like Div 4, you can end up an easy Div 3 group, or a hard one.

Orizio wrote: »
    Its difficult enough - what I would suggest is decide now the players you want to keep and the ones you want to let go, and work slowly to building up your squad, replacing 28 year olds with 18 year olds. Sell any player that has minus 1,500 CSR, fire players you don't want in between 1500-7000 CSR and likewise try and sell any player with 7,000+ CSR.

I'd suggest buying only 17 and 18 year olds, take note of what kind of players you want, the necessary skill set and their non-trainable attributes. Generically, you should buy players with good defence/stamina, with the skills you want for the position you want to play him and with a minimum of collected/collected temperment/discipline attributes. Invest in coaches/training facilities first and foremost, bringing in 5-6 17 year olds and focus all your training on them. Remember to give them one slot per attribute you want to train - so if you have a young hooker, 1 session on strength, 1 session on handling, 1 session on defence and 1 session on technique. You are maximising the training that way.

That's the ultimate goal alright. Glad to hear firing players isn't a crime :)
    I'm currently trying to improve key positions with transfers, replacing the old guys as I go and getting the young lads (who I now seem to have loads of) to indulge in a lot of rotated training.

At what age does it become pointless to train someone? I know the younger they are the faster they respond, but is there an acknowledged point where they're just too old to learn new tricks?

Sometime between age 28-35 a players stats will start to drop (usually 31/32)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DBraithwaite

ajeffares wrote: »
    Sometime between age 28-35 a players stats will start to drop (usually 31/32)
    How did you find that out?:P

Not to totally steer the thread OT, but, if they start going downhill at 28, when do they hit a plateau? I have one or two old guys who with stat here or there could be crackin' (in DIV4) but I'm wondering am I wasting my training time on them.

• Advertisement

They start to lose CSR at 30 as far as I know.

As I said Frankee, use all your training sessions on the youngest and best players.

How did you find that out?:P

Documentation + OS forum

Advertisement