Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sterile handwash

Options
  • 23-07-2009 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

My mother is terminally ill and with onset of swine flu Im looking to see where we could get a good sterile handwash similiar to what they have in hospitals

We can then make sure we do not/guests do not transmit this to her.

Ive tried trulife healthcare and will givce her pharmacist a bell just wondering is there anywhere ye may be familiar with

Many Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to hear of your mothers illness. Do not know if this is any good but:

Last week in Superquinn I saw a hands wash type thing that did not need water you just put some on your hands. It was in a small bottle at checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

ya thanks a mill knew about these but was not sure whether will kill the swine flu bug

Noel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sean_17

I know from past experience, you can usually ask in your mother's hospital for it. I know I asked one of the housekeepers and they gladly handed over 2 big bottles of it to me while I was ill. Otherwise, your chemist might order it in for you if you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

The WHO recommends washing your hands often with soap and water to prevent spreading the virus and alcohol based hand rubs can also be effective.

Advertisement