Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ Box

Options
  • 23-07-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

I have been a Sky customer (for 5 years now) on €69.50 per month and only got when joining a free sky box. I have been looking at DVD Recorders, then the man in the store asked if i had Sky, he said to get Sky+. I only learned what Sky+ was last month from boards.ie.

I ran up Sky Ireland down in Cork, bad people down there, i know more they do.

He said it was €99 for the box and €100 for something else. Madness!! :mad:

I have read other peoples storys on boards.ie.

I said i heave beening paying every bill on time and on the full €65.50 a month price, and then you are giving new members of Sky a Sky+ box for only €49.95 and i wanted the same deal as new members get. Next voice i hear is a thank you for ringing Sky Ireland.

I have my box connected to a telephone.

What number should i ring the Uk or Ireland again and try again like some of the member of this website got.
    Thank u
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭guest2003

Have the same problem!!!!!!!!!

i think its a total rip off!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I had the same issue, many calls with SKY and eventually told them I would cancel and apply again as a new customer - they said we will see this and you will not be allowed.

Anyway long story short (and it is covered in other threads) cancel and re-join, they did not notice, there was no break in service either as I had new sky equipment installed whilst my old contract run down.

It was a bonus to get new equipment and LNB too as mine was few years old.

Engineer did not even question why all cabling etc was in place, just installed the new equipment!

Sky are a joke for this approach to existing customers, probably rely on fact that nobody can be bothered.

May be different in UK where they can track installed addresses by postcode but lucky us (on this occasion) no postcodes.

By the way, my phone line was registered with SKY already so they couldn't trace me in this way either.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭guest2003

Cheers big lad.....

Might cancel mine get the other half to apply for it as a new customer!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

thebiglad wrote: »
    I had the same issue, many calls with SKY and eventually told them I would cancel and apply again as a new customer - they said we will see this and you will not be allowed.

Anyway long story short (and it is covered in other threads) cancel and re-join, they did not notice, there was no break in service either as I had new sky equipment installed whilst my old contract run down.

It was a bonus to get new equipment and LNB too as mine was few years old.

Engineer did not even question why all cabling etc was in place, just installed the new equipment!

Sky are a joke for this approach to existing customers, probably rely on fact that nobody can be bothered.

May be different in UK where they can track installed addresses by postcode but lucky us (on this occasion) no postcodes.

By the way, my phone line was registered with SKY already so they couldn't trace me in this way either.

First, what is LNB stand for.

Secondly, what number did you ring and what did it cost, maybe free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

LNB = Low Noise Block Converter, it's the piece on the end of the arm on your Satellite dish that the cable connect to.

Usually if you ring 0818719819 you get Sky Ireland, it's not free unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Try this number 08442 41 41 41. It's customer services. I think you might get thru' to their Scottish crew. I have a few other numbers lying around somewhere, if that don't work.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Try this number 08442 41 41 41. It's customer services. I think you might get thru' to their Scottish crew. I have a few other numbers lying around somewhere, if that don't work.

No answer there, post ither numbers, thanks DeadSkin;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tim M

The sky+ box costs €149 for existing costumers, and an extra €50 for installation (it was €45).

Since your address is the same (i suppose) they can reconise that you were with Sky before and would charge the same. If you are moving house, just put the name in your partners name (e.g. your parent, uncle, friend...), and partners address. Then they have no way of reconiseing you.

btw: i think they are giving a free sky + box or something like: €49 sky+ and free install.

heres the number to phone: 0818 719 819, although, you will be speaking to people in india.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Another thing that beens covered plenty of times here is if you ring SKY and tell them you want to cancel - they'll put you onto the cancellation department and they'll ask you why you are leaving. You'll say that you've been a loyal customer for X years and you have to pay €x for a new sky+ box while a new customer only has to pay €49/free.
    Its a disgrace....blah blah blah.... moving to ntl/freesat.....

Cue Sky saying "We can do that for you Sir..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I think Sky are going to bring out a new box next year. They are just trying to get rid of the old ones first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

manutd wrote: »
    I have been a Sky customer (for 5 years now) on €69.50 per month and only got when joining a free sky box.

You got your offer when you joined as a new customer, one per household as is stated in the terms and conditions.
    i know more they do.
    Don't think so....
    First, what is LNB stand for.

Just try signing up as a new customer in your/wifes/son/daughters name.
    Modify your address a wee bit eg.instead of 21 sky street, put 21A sky street and you'll be fine.
    When this is done cancel the existing account giving the 30 days notice required, dont just cancel the direct debit or you'll receive a call from intrum justitia which you wont want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Have a look here first and read the entry's toward the end:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055595967

I got a Sky+ box for €49 and free installation.

PS: I've posted that link so many times I think it should be sticky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Why do they upgrade the LNB when you've got a previous installation?Do they fit quad LNB's as standard now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

i have sky+ so i dont really know...(sky+ needs 2 wires from dish) ... i have never heard of this if it is a sky box.

padocon wrote: »
    I think Sky are going to bring out a new box next year. They are just trying to get rid of the old ones first.

Anyone think this is true.

Anyone think this is true.

So the technician that installed mine told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

padocon wrote: »
    So the technician that installed mine told me.
    what are we talking about exactly.

a 4th generation box, with new bells n whistles or just a flashier HD box?

norbert64 wrote: »
    what are we talking about exactly.

a 4th generation box, with new bells n whistles or just a flashier HD box?

I honestly do not know. All I got was "a new box"

Advertisement