Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bad weather

• 23-07-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

will we EVER have a nice summer?? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Sure it's great weather for Ducks...

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Its here! For one day only, gone tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Don't be silly, you know that this so called "Nice Weather" doesn't exist in Ireland. that became extinct with the dinosaurs!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dublin has an aiport, use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

CamperMan wrote: »
    will we EVER have a nice summer?? :mad:

No. Now can we all please stop going on about it?

/thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Sure it could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Alessandra wrote: »
    Sure it could be worse.

Could be raining fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

we had one good summer about 10 years ago do you not remember it? What more do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

We had great weather back in May and somewhat into June and there'll have to be good weather again before September.

But yeah rain sucks, down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

we had one good summer about 10 years ago do you not remember it? What more do you want?

It made the Irish History books i think as one of the great events!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It made the Irish History books i think as one of the great events!
    I think it was featured on Reeling In The Years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

Its funny that everyone can remember which one were talking about despite the fact we had about 10 'summers' since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it never rained again, our crops could fail and then Westlife, U2 and Twink would have to do a charity record.

Embrace the rain.

Oh, and that major summer was 14 years ago (1995), wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You know Ireland sucks for summer, there's no point lying to yourself when summer comes around, hoping that we'll have a few weeks of sun.. we won't (most summers).

Expect the worst, be happy we got a little, go on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JMcCR

Sur it'd be a lovely little country if only we could roof it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I wouldn't mind, but what happens is, the sun appears, you start to go for a walk, then you get fuc*ing soaked... I suppose I will have to buy some decent waterproof clothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

F**k off, will ya?

Seriously. The only good thing about Ireland, is that when Ireland becomes uninhabitable due to the 99.99% tax levy -- and we're all living in Poland -- is that we won't have to deal with the sh!ttest weather on the planet anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Summer me arse.
    Sick of it at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

and when we're all living in Poland and the temp drops to 30 below freezing and you're pissing ice cubes...... you'll say jaysus what I wouldn't do for bit of Irish weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Blazing sunshine here now... was BELTING down about an hour ago... give it an hour and it'll be BELTING down again... can't plan a f**king thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah so what, it could be worse! You could have AIDS! Its only a bit of water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

31 here in Munich, it was like walking into an oven when i left the office at 12. Couldnt wait to get home. Irish people arent made for hot climates, be thankfull for the cold and damp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I absolutely love the rain, the harder the better.

No joke.

the harder the better.
    I totally agree ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

KTRIC wrote: »
    31 here in Munich, it was like walking into an oven when i left the office at 12. Couldnt wait to get home. Irish people arent made for hot climates, be thankfull for the cold and damp.

I wouldn't even mind if it was cold and damp, at least you could dress appropriately. Its clammy, changable and annoying :/

Kiera wrote: »

If I had AIDS, a bit of nice weather in, hello - JULY! would at least go some way towards not purposely depressing me, like this Bollicks.

An hour ago a was sitting out the back in the sun. Now I'm seeing rain and hearing whistly wind noises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

prinz wrote: »
    and when we're all living in Poland and the temp drops to 30 below freezing and you're pissing ice cubes...... you'll say jaysus what I wouldn't do for bit of Irish weather.

I'd be more concerned with them not melting before they arrived in the Leinster House bar.

I like the rain, its my sun.

It's not the lack of sun that pisses me off it's the abundance of rain. I'd love if it was -5°C and pelting snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Kiera wrote: »

It can RAIN AIDS??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

is it raining out? damn! i was meant to go for a curry with Roy Walker later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

When i saw the title of this thread i turned to my window and fcuk me its like im in the rainforest, fcuk you rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

the temperate climate is one of the best things about ireland.
    we don't suffer the extremes of other places rain or no rain.
    still,the grass is always greener...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Abigayle wrote: »
    I wouldn't even mind if it was cold and damp, at least you could dress appropriately. Its clammy, changable and annoying :/

MMMMM damp....

davyjose wrote: »
    If I had AIDS, a bit of nice weather in, hello - JULY! would at least go some way towards not purposely depressing me, like this Bollicks.

An hour ago a was sitting out the back in the sun. Now I'm seeing rain and hearing whistly wind noises.
    Get a job you bum!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You know what I'm sick of?

Irish people who seem surprised and/or offended that it rains here so much.

Are ye not used to it by now?

AnonoBoy wrote: »

But we aren't. We are pissed off with it!

wudangclan wrote: »

Yeah the grass is always greener and I don't care if you meant it as a metaphor or whatever. I mowed the feicin lawn on Monday and because of all this rain it's just as long again.

I swear that ****ing lawn is out there laughing at me right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Wazdakka wrote: »
    It can RAIN AIDS??? :eek:

Haha.. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I call blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

wudangclan wrote: »

Extremes are exciting. Temperate is just a word for "boring and always kinda sh!t". At least when it's cold in the winter, you can say f**k it, I'll buy a warmer jacket, and have an amazing sumer. Temperate just means you'll be pale, wet and stuck indoors 12 months a bloody year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

its july.

Ever notice that we tend to get decent weather in augest and september and the start of october, then it go's cold.....

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Yeah you're right. Moving to, say, the South of France, or California would actually be a bit of a drag right now.

Plus, my raincoat collection would go to waste, entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

OK for people who can't understand.

W-E- L-I-V-E I-N N-O-R-T-H W-E-S-T-E-R-N E-U-R-O-P-E. S-U-M-M-E-R-S A-R-E-N-T L-I-K-E T-H-E S-O-U-T-H O-F S-P-A-IN. T-H-A-T I-S W-H-A-T V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N-S A-R-E F-O-R

And when people say they would prefer the snow in the winter, that is definetly an offshoot of the grass is always greener and liking what you don't have. Snow is ****ing horrible for 6 months of the year is awful, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

OK for people who can't understand.

W-E- L-I-V-E I-N N-O-R-T-H W-E-S-T-E-R-N E-U-R-O-P-E. S-U-M-M-E-R-S A-R-E-N-T L-I-K-E T-H-E S-O-U-T-H O-F S-P-A-IN. T-H-A-T I-S W-H-A-T V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N-S A-R-E F-O-R

Ironically that was a bitch to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

Ah lets take Stockholm shall we, the wonderful 6 months of snow that everyone craves(why i don't know) now lets look at their weather for the next few days shall we?

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=stockholm++weather&meta=

Stop using the weather as a mask for your boring personality and because you're too lazy to do anything else.

Snow is ****ing horrible for 6 months of the year is awful, trust me.

Lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's about time we accepted the rain. We should be having rain festivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

F**k off, will ya?

Seriously. The only good thing about Ireland, is that when Ireland becomes uninhabitable due to the 99.99% tax levy -- and we're all living in Poland -- is that we won't have to deal with the sh!ttest weather on the planet anymore.

Not if it were the last place left on earth would i live that miserable sh!thole. So fkkin what if its raining, its always raining so put on a jacket or stay inside or be a fkn real man and just ignore it. You're not a fkn ice lolly, you wont melt in the sun and you wont disolve in the rain

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's about time we accepted the rain. We should be having rain festivals.
    We do, it was called Oxegen this year. Hopefully we'll just have the one and EP will be a sun festival!

• Advertisement
Advertisement