Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did people know Vader was Leia's father?

• 23-07-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

I was under the impression that Leia had decided to keep the fact that Darth Vader was her father a secret (being an ambassador for the New Republic and all that). But I'm currently reading Tatooine Ghost, and in a conversation with a Rodian in Mos Espa it appears as though its common knowledge.

When exactly did it become common knowledge?? I'm not sure, but if memory serves me correctly, during the Truce at Bakura you get the sense she is keeping it a secret. I haven't read the 7 X-Wing books that precede the era that I'm in now, so maybe it gets revealed during one of those??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

For any post RotJ book I read, it seemed to be kept under wraps.
    I agree with you about the Truce at Bakura.

Similar to you, I've only read a couple of the X-Wing books, so perhaps it is exposed there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

dyl10 wrote: »
    For any post RotJ book I read, it seemed to be kept under wraps.
    I agree with you about the Truce at Bakura.

Similar to you, I've only read a couple of the X-Wing books, so perhaps it is exposed there...

Ya it must be somewhere in the X-Wing books...or perhaps it's going to be in a future release :P

Speaking of family; do the Skywalker siblings ever even cast a thought toward their mother?? Luke certainly doesn't. Do they even try to find out who she was??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Luke certainly doesn't.

But he does! In the first book of the Black Fleet Crisis, he's busily hunting his mother's homeworld. Note that this was 1996, so he, like the rest of us, had never heard of Padme Amidala or Naboo.

IIRC, Padme also features quite strongly in the 'Artoo's memory' subplot of the Dark Nest trilogy, which clumsily tries to familiarise the OT cast with the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Tordelback wrote: »
    But he does! In the first book of the Black Fleet Crisis, he's busily hunting his mother's homeworld. Note that this was 1996, so he, like the rest of us, had never heard of Padme Amidala or Naboo.

IIRC, Padme also features quite strongly in the 'Artoo's memory' subplot of the Dark Nest trilogy, which clumsily tries to familiarise the OT cast with the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Really?? Cheers for that. I've a few of the novels left to read, including those mentioned by your good self, so looking forward to them now.

But still doesn't the answer question how other people knew; how it became public knowledge in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

If it comes up explicitly at all in the novels, it's probably in Truce at Bakura or the excellent Courtship of Princess Leia, but I don't remember it.

I'd imagine that Leia tells everyone before she takes up her political role in the New Republic - after all, it's the kind of skeleton in your closet that would end a political career if found out by an opponent.

• Advertisement

Tordelback wrote: »
    If it comes up explicitly at all in the novels, it's probably in Truce at Bakura or the excellent Courtship of Princess Leia, but I don't remember it.

I read that recently enough and it she didn't mention it. Though it was mentioned to her in the book.

Looks like it's going down as something that is yet to be disclosed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

I always thought it was common knowledge that Vader was Luke's father and Luke, Leia's brother (After ROTJ). Its been a while from I read the books but in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Triology I thought the only reason the Nogri (spelling) helped Leia and turned against the Empire was because Leia was Vader's Daughter. I think they call her Lady Vader

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Who knows. I can't say if its specifically stated anywhere but if your (real) father was the most, or second most, feared man in the galaxy would you advertise it or would you continue to let people believe it was Bail Organa?

Who knows. I can't say if its specifically stated anywhere but if your (real) father was the most, or second most, feared man in the galaxy would you advertise it or would you continue to let people believe it was Bail Organa?

Exactly. So how did people know? I presume she didn't broadcast it on the HoloNet...

Advertisement