Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Points Rip Off??

• 23-07-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Has anybody ever wondered why those of us who buy our Live Points directly through Live are getting ripped off?? 2000 points bought via credit card, directly through your live account costs 24 squids. That's more than a euro a point. Whereas buying them in Game or elsewhere, you get 2100 for 21.99.

So, why exactly are those of us that choose the electronic, more convenient for Microsoft, method, being charged more than those who buy a physical product, that includes a cut for a third party vendor??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Has anybody ever wondered why those of us who buy our Live Points directly through Live are getting ripped off?? 2000 points bought via credit card, directly through your live account costs 24 squids. That's more than a euro a point. Whereas buying them in Game or elsewhere, you get 2100 for 21.99.

So, why exactly are those of us that choose the electronic, more convenient for Microsoft, method, being charged more than those who buy a physical product, that includes a cut for a third party vendor??

or even £17.95 from gamepoints now. Its a bad joke alright. Xbox should be cheaper if anything. But I guess they are charging a premium for unsuspecting / lazy users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its convenience. A couple of button presses from the dashboard and your points are topped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Math fail, more than a euro a point for 2000 points would be over 2000 euro....

speedfreak wrote: »
    or even £17.95 from gamepoints now.

Or £17.45 if you use the code: ntsc-uk in the promo bos thingy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Or just use PSN where they deal in real money.

Love xbox but funk me those points are a pain in the ass.

''whats the best way we can confuse people into spending money?''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

RAIN wrote: »
    Or just use PSN where they deal in real money.

Love xbox but funk me those points are a pain in the ass.

''whats the best way we can confuse people into spending money?''

A sad and bitter +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

points are a rip off granted , but paying 60 for live through the dash when i can be got for as little as half of that else where is just insane :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I haven't looked into it myself but are games on XBL that are also on PSN more expensive by a few quid by basis of points? I ask because Castle Crashers is coming to PSN for about €12 which I think is cheaper then how much I paid (in MS Points) when it came on XBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Or £17.45 if you use the code: ntsc-uk in the promo bos thingy ;)

£15.95 inc del on zavvi atm

Advertisement