Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft age limit

Options
  • 23-07-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi just wondering if the rule about under 16 s and airsoft is rigid , can a 15 yr old take part, whats the law on such thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭jayo1994

yes 15 year olds can take part no problem,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TheRavens_dara

yep no problems with15 year olds taking part!!

its 14 and up ( correct me if im wrong!!!):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fishey babe

cheers thanks !! does every club have its own age limits or is it a standard thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TheRavens_dara

i presume all sites are 14 well most of the ones i have been to are!!!

but i havent been to all the sites so someone else will have to answer this!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭jayo1994

cheers thanks !! does every club have its own age limits or is it a standard thing
    if you mean a team then i'm not sure but a site is
    11-13 accompanied by an adult
    14-17 form signed by an adult
    18+ allowed by anyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

There is only one site at the moment i think where you have to be over 16 to play and thats SEAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fishey babe

thanks for that !:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 JackF

drogheda airsoft have no age limit , i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Youre fine if youre fifteen you will just need to get a form signed in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

that 14-17 form signed by an adult

can it be signed by any adult?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

that 14-17 form signed by an adult

can it be signed by any adult?

Parent or legal guardian usually

any adult yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

For Rathbeggan airsoft its 14 and over however for 14-17 years you need have a parent or legal gaurdian to sign for you...not any adult and they have to be there to sign you cant jsut show up with a signed form we need to see a parent sign for insurance purposes as I'm sure all other sites do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

JackF wrote: »
    any adult yes

NO, it would HAVE to be a parent or legal guardian!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

ok but what if they couldnt be there beacause of work would it be ok to arrange that with the site beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

ok but what if they couldnt be there beacause of work would it be ok to arrange that with the site beforehand

Then it is up to a legal guardian who dropped you off the staff have to witness the guardian or parent sign it as proof or else anybody could sign it, you get an injury and sue the site to the ground because you didnt sign the insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

any adult yes
    have you come on this thread to take the piss or what? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

drogheda airsoft have no age limit , i think?
    im pretty sure they have to have an age limit (well, i suppose i'd advise a site to have one anyway)

when i said any adult i meant adults that your with , if your parents arent there , not paying like someone to pretend there your parents :(

and aparantly kids about 9 and 10 years old where there at drogeda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

when i said any adult i meant adults that your with , if your parents arent there , not paying like someone to pretend there your parents :(

and aparantly kids about 9 and 10 years old where there

He's right, at G-TAC my cousin (who is 26) signed the form for me even though my dad was there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The site might have assumed the 26yo was the player's parent and accepted the signature in good faith. They're on very thin ice though, if anything had gone wrong they may have found that the young player was not insured. Therefore the site owner would have been liable for any injuries, and the "good faith" argument is not always an easy one to win. Technically, the young person is playing without permission.

Signatures on pieces of paper have a way of suddenly becoming very important indeed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Bear in mind that one phone call no site owner wants to make is to somebodys folks explaining that little johnny fell and hurt himself down playing airsoft , only to be greeted with the reply : "airsoft ? he's supposed to be in jimmy's house watching dvds"

Advertisement