Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags at it again in Elm park?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Any have any news on what happened in Elm park last night?i have some friends in college thinking of moving in there but doubt it now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 swim

Two people were taken to hospital following a street brawl in Castletroy last night.

The row broke out between a number of people, male and female in the Elm Park area around 10pm.
    Four ambulances were called to the scene but only two were needed.
    It's not thought any weapons were used, but two men, thought to be in their early 20s, suffered injuries and were taken by ambulance to the Midwestern Regional Hospital in Dooradoyle.
    No arrests have been made but one person was helping gardai with their enquiries last night.
    Gardai in Henry Street are investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Is elm park gone scummy?outside of the bad students who cause trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Elm park was always a sh1thole, the landlords never payed any respect to their tenants, who were mainly students,not to mention, the students payed no respect to the houses. As time went on the place just deteriorated , the only thing it had going for it was the area it was located, Castletroy, but even that wasn't enough.

And now alot of rougher heads are moving in, and the students are starting to move into nicer places like the accomodation on campus which is never going to go downhill in the same fashion.

I can see the same happening to other parts of Castletroy too , e.g. College Court or Briarfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Any have any news on what happened in Elm park last night?i have some friends in college thinking of moving in there but doubt it now

Do you work for the Sunday World??? Are you Paul Williams in disguise??
    Why are you always at this??

Fair enough, if you took part in some threads, that were not all doom and gloom packed with negativity I would say fair play.
    But, I have yet to see you in the Limerick forum have any positive input regarding Limerick.
    Now I know you are free to start what ever thread you like and the Mods will decide if it is relative/offensive or trolling e.t.c, but jezzzzzzz every time you are negative.

Now don't get me wrong I know all about the bad points in limerick and I won't pretend that there are none, but I know lots of very good things about Limerick too. There are times when I too can be negative towards Limerick but there are also times when I feel proud and positive about Limerick (like now).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

baza1976 wrote: »
    Fair enough, if you took part in some threads, that were not all doom and gloom packed with negativity I would say fair play.
    But, I have yet to see you in the Limerick forum have any positive input regarding Limerick.

Don't forget about Me and Raiser
    Cant have a negative thread without us.
    were always bitchin too :D

~B

• Advertisement

well not many postives around the moment that affect me however plenty of negative, and id be more worried about the negative.These are issues that need to highlighted in my opinion but dont reply to them if their not your cup of tea

well not many postives around the moment that affect me however plenty of negative, and id be more worried about the negative.These are issues that need to highlighted in my opinion but dont reply to them if their not your cup of tea

Thats what i thought:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Whooa!

There was a fistfight?! 2 men were slightly hurt?! No arrests were made?!

Hang them all I say! Won't somebody think of the children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Is elm park gone scummy?outside of the bad students who cause trouble

Again with the "Scumbags" :rolleyes: You are like a scratched record! Is there not something else we could get you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Give it up, your act is stale.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That place seems to be gone "nasty" of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Firefox10 wrote: »
    Again with the "Scumbags" :rolleyes: You are like a scratched record! Is there not something else we could get you interested in?
    Aidric wrote: »
    Give it up, your act is stale.

OP obviously has little else to be worrying about,in fact,probably never leaves his house as there sooo many scumbags everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Do you work for the Sunday World??? Are you Paul Williams in disguise??
    Why are you always at this??

Now I know you are free to start what ever thread you like and the Mods will decide if it is relative/offensive or trolling e.t.c, but jezzzzzzz every time you are negative.

Now don't get me wrong I know all about the bad points in limerick and I won't pretend that there are none, but I know lots of very good things about Limerick too. There are times when I too can be negative towards Limerick but there are also times when I feel proud and positive about Limerick (like now).

fair play baza1976, i totally agree with you on this, hate to see shi*e bringing down limerick like this the whole time.
    it must be reiterated tho lads, castletroy has the highest volume of students living in the same place in the country so stuff like this is going to happen, its a suburban town with over 32,000 so your going to get some anti social behaviour like! also i think the elm park area is playing host to some of the familys in the regeneration of limerick so that could contribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It was guys in their 20's and 40's and baseball bats were involved. Four ambulances called and two ended up bringing people to hospital.

A bit more serious than a little punch up between students. As fas as I know students were not involved. It was supposedly to do with a shooting in the city earlier in the week. Kind of narrows the culprits down. Expect to see more of the same in so called respectable parts of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dodohert

That phone number look familiar....hmmmm LOL nice one.

I was once contacted too when I was selling my car by a Nigerian, of course the scam captial of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

dodohert wrote: »

I was once contacted too when I was selling my car by a Nigerian, of course the scam captial of the world!

Lol Wot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

GIVE IT A BREAK!! TBH im surprised you have friends since every thread you post in seems to be about scumbags or related to them in some manner ... you must spend your time scouring for the next knacker story:D

Anyway, elm park has always been some bit dodge. Always been like this since i went to UL from 2005. Maybe it has gotten worse? I know before that a lot of scummyness there was down to scummy students thinking their the **** but maybe it has evolved. Not really sure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dodohert wrote: »

RonMexico wrote: »
    Lol Wot?

Methinks dodohert was intending to reply to another thread and accidentally posted it here :)

Well ul student your lucky you dony have to deal with this growing sub class.these people affect me and my family.right now we are acum of the earth a couple doors up having yet another all night drink and drugs party,if you dont see the problem in this city turn a blind eye like everyone else,dont read or reply my posts if it aint your thing,i dont comment on yours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well ul student your lucky you dony have to deal with this growing sub class.these people affect me and my family.right now we are acum of the earth a couple doors up having yet another all night drink and drugs party,if you dont see the problem in this city turn a blind eye like everyone else,dont read or reply my posts if it aint your thing,i dont comment on yours

Irishvamp90 - i grew up in moyross so am very well aware of the scum you speak of. please do not lecture me.
    It's just that complaining about every scumbag incident you come across on boards.ie is going to solve anything and gets tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

RonMexico wrote: »
    It was guys in their 20's and 40's and baseball bats were involved. Four ambulances called and two ended up bringing people to hospital.

A bit more serious than a little punch up between students. As fas as I know students were not involved. It was supposedly to do with a shooting in the city earlier in the week. Kind of narrows the culprits down. Expect to see more of the same in so called respectable parts of the city.

Were the guys in their 30's not allowed fight? :confused:

I think you'd be very surprised to learn who on this site are from the "scumbag" areas that you keep going on about.. So much so that you might not talk to us anymore:rolleyes:
    Like me, both my parents were born an bred in St Mary's Park. Both set of Grand parents lived there for many years. When growning up we lived in both Moyross and Southill. Oh just so you won't look to hard down on me I'm fully educated i.e collage..imagine that!!!!
    So like others on here I have had a lot more experience then you will ever know. I have a lot of good friends from these areas and some still live there.

Nobody here is turning a blind eye to the problems, I myself have raised a few of them or commented....What people here are saying is that all you seem to do is promote the negative. Have a look back through your posts...

Sorry bout the party last night, did you contact the Gardai??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

...we are acum of the earth...

Bit of a Freudian slip there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lc21

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    fair play baza1976, i totally agree with you on this, hate to see shi*e bringing down limerick like this the whole time.
    it must be reiterated tho lads, castletroy has the highest volume of students living in the same place in the country so stuff like this is going to happen, its a suburban town with over 32,000 so your going to get some anti social behaviour like! also i think the elm park area is playing host to some of the familys in the regeneration of limerick so that could contribute.
    No i think its alot got to do with polish, its overcrowed in polish and the dont give a flying **** about this city, so the will do as the like and why would you say it is the familys in the regeneration (thats very discriminating)them familys could be decent people trying to get away from the trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

lc21 wrote: »
    No i think its alot got to do with polish, its overcrowed in polish and the dont give a flying **** about this city, so the will do as the like and why would you say it is the familys in the regeneration (thats very discriminating)them familys could be decent people trying to get away from the trouble

ha ha saying they're regeneration families is discriminating but saying its all polish peoples fault is perfectly grand? right.....

I must say elm park and castletroy area has gotten alot rougher over the last year and elm park is definitely going downhill even further unfortunately.. saying that there does seem to be a good garda presence out there.. you see paddy wagons driving in around elm park quite frequently keeping an eye out which is good to see.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Irishvamp90 - i grew up in moyross so am very well aware of the scum you speak of. please do not lecture me.
    It's just that complaining about every scumbag incident you come across on boards.ie is going to solve anything and gets tiresome.

Ulstudent what difference does being from moyross make????i live in raheen and im sick of the scum that are living here causing trouble here

I think you'd be very surprised to learn who on this site are from the "scumbag" areas that you keep going on about.. So much so that you might not talk to us anymore:rolleyes:
    Like me, both my parents were born an bred in St Mary's Park. Both set of Grand parents lived there for many years. When growning up we lived in both Moyross and Southill. Oh just so you won't look to hard down on me I'm fully educated i.e collage..imagine that!!!!
    So like others on here I have had a lot more experience then you will ever know. I have a lot of good friends from these areas and some still live there.

Nobody here is turning a blind eye to the problems, I myself have raised a few of them or commented....What people here are saying is that all you seem to do is promote the negative. Have a look back through your posts...

Sorry bout the party last night, did you contact the Gardai??

Baza26.i never once mentioned scumbag areas,any area can have scumbags nowdadays.There is a reverse snobbery here in limerick from certain people,i grew up in raheen that doesnt make me a snob just because i want a quiet life,why does saying a certain area give street cred?You could me from the moon but i wouldnt care so long as your a good person.What difference does living in Moyross and Southill make.none as far as i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

lc21 wrote: »

And blaming the polish is not discriminatory?

be warned, I have a very low tolerance for racism, so tread carefully.

Well if people there are seeing both eastern europeans and regenerated families causing trouble.Billy what term are we allowed use here to call scumbags and eastern europeans just so we know not to break any rules?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Well if people there are seeing both eastern europeans and regenerated families causing trouble.Billy what term are we allowed use here to call scumbags and eastern europeans just so we know not to break any rules?

Criminals/troublemakers etc are scumbags in my eyes, irrespective of nationality or race.

If a Polish man is a criminal and engages in criminal activities, then he is a scumbag, but it no more reflects on the Polish people as a whole than how an Irish scumbag reflects on the Irish.

Same goes for African, American, Chinese, Russian, or whatever nationality the person in question may be.

Some people can be too quick to turn any talk about crime that gets committed by a non national into a rant about bloody foreigners/they took our jobs/they took our women or such rubbish.

But at the same time, crime should not be avoided being talked about just because a person is of a different nationality or of a different race. But common sense should apply in what gets said.

In most cases there is no underlying prejudice involved but there is always one or two who either try to tip a conversation into either a nasty tone or whp try to turn it into a PC crusade.

I find that just leaving out the nationality of the person/persons, who are being discussed for committing a crime or anti social act, is the best approach.

Advertisement